January is the perfect time to increase your vitamin C with some delicious citrus fruits! This recipe uses clementines but you can certainly substitute any other citrus you prefer.
Serve for breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert; whatever you want it to be, it will be nothing short of amazing!
Layers of sweet cinnamon quinoa and yogurt topped with some walnuts make this more like a dessert than a breakfast! If you are allergic to dairy, change the yogurt to coconut milk yogurt. You can also open a can of coconut milk, no shaking it, overnight in the fridge with the lid off, by morning it’s all cream on top, YUM!
One glass serving you see there is PACKED with 24 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber!!! Pretty great huh?!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia or 2 packets of powdered
- dash salt
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt, nonfat or coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia or 4 packets of powdered
- 1 cup segmented clementines
- optional toppings: chopped walnuts
- Place quinoa in a pot and cover with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, stevia and salt to the quinoa and mix well.
- Mix Greek yogurt with liquid stevia.
- To Assemble:
- Place 1/4 cup of quinoa into each serving glass.
- Cover quinoa with 2 ounces of yogurt.
- Top yogurt with 1/4 cup of the clementines.
- Repeat two more times.
- Top with chopped walnuts if desired.