This recipe is a simple adaption from my Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs. I had many requests to try it with breasts instead. Those who had tried it were disappointed that it wasn’t moist enough but they commented the flavor was fantastic.:)
A few increases in seasoning and balsamic and it’s a match made in heaven. I Hate dry meat, especially dry chicken breasts and so does my family. So now everyone is happy, those who like dark meat or white can still enjoy this tasty recipe!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 4 chicken breasts(12 ounces each), sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Add the oil and garlic to the bottom of the crock pot or slow cooker.
- Mix dry seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over both sides of each piece of chicken and lay breasts into crock pot.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over the breasts.
- Cover and cook on low 3-3.5 hours or until chicken is no longer pick at its thickest place when sliced.