Homemade Sugar Free Kool-Aid or basically fruit punch without sugar and with nothing artificial is a mother’s dream!
What does your family regularly drink in your house? Milk, dairy free milk, water, soda, flavored water, seltzer, tea, coffee, chocolate milk, juice? So many choices but finding a beverage that children will enjoy that doesn’t have sugar or at least some form of sweetness is no easy task.
What about you? Is it difficult to drink plain water and you need flavor? This is a perfect option as it also has no calories and herbal tea is good for you!
In my house the options have always been simply water and milk and occasionally I purchase a fruit juice that has no added sugar. Recently my hubby bought me a soda stream to make my own seltzer water which I drink daily. I’ve even made a few kid friendly drinks like Shirley Temples and Healthier Homemade Egg Nog as well as Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate that are kid approved in my house.
But really they’ve been asking for something they can have at least at dinner that isn’t milk or water so I was allowing them to have naturally sweet juice. But juice fills them up at dinner and although it has natural sugar in it from the juice I was finding they were asking for it more and more choosing the juice over the milk or plain water. That bugged me so I decided to try a new approach, hence you have this recipe!
3 Ingredients and a few minutes of your time and you have a TRULY naturally sugar free beverage that your kids and you won’t get a sugar high from.
Now I must share this ONE fact with you: My daughter HATES tea, any and every kind no matter how I’ve tried to get her to enjoy it. Hates it with a passion and I’ve no idea why. So this very fact will surprise you but I secretly made this beverage and DID NOT, I Repeat, DID NOT tell her how it was made. AND.SHE.LOVES.IT.
Now if she discovers me making this beverage she most certainly will say she won’t like it or doesn’t want to drink it anymore, but I will hopefully not have to deal with it by making it when she is in the shower or not at home. I will find a way!
Have hope that if you have picky children, they will love this drink too!
This is also a perfect option for someone who hates to drink plain water and needs a little flavor, no calories at all!
- I chose Bigelow in Wild Blueberry and used Berry flavored stevia.
- Other liquid stevia options to try: Grape, Apricot, Watermelon, Orange, Lemon.
- You can always use plain stevia or another sweetener or choice as well, but these are great sugar free alternatives.
- You can also adjust the sweetness. 4 Droppers full was plenty sweet for the 8 cups of water here but you can taste and decide if it’s sweet enough. Always use less then add more as you see fit. Enjoy!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- 4 tea bags Herbal Flavored Decaffeinated Tea
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 full droppers liquid flavored stevia
- Place tea bags in a large mason jar.
- Pour boiling water into mason jar and allow tea to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add cold water and stevia.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate.