These Paleo English Muffins are Grain Free, Gluten Free and Low Carb. Making Healthy Homemade English Muffins at home has never been easier!
When I first posted my 2 -Minute Low Carb English Muffin, I had no idea it would be such a big hit! Everyone was asking for a larger quantity so I adapted my single serving to make 4-6 servings in this recipe depending on the mold you use.
For this recipe I decided I’d try standard English Muffin rings I found on Amazon that are 4 inches in diameter.
They worked perfectly and were just the right size for the family. You can also make these using smaller ramekins that are about 4 ounces each and you will have a smaller English Muffin but you can get 6 servings from this recipe instead of 4.
In the original 2 Minute English Muffin I had used almond butter. I tried it with peanut butter but ended up using cashew butter as it has more of a neutral flavor and less noticeable as the other butters.
You really do need to let them cool before slicing. One cooled and sliced, then toast as you would like and enjoy with a bit of butter on top!
The outside texture has a perfect crust and while not as chewy as a traditional white flour English Muffin it is a pretty good competitor for anyone wanting to enjoy a “bread” that’s low in carbs and still resembles something from your previous carb and gluten days.
Don’t ask me how I achieved those pockets of nooks and crannies, I have no idea, but isn’t it lovely?!
- I made these in English Muffin forms I found on Amazon that were 4 inches in diameter. You can make these smaller in ramekins that are 4 ounces each and you will be able to make 6 servings instead of 4.
- The Nutrition Info will change for 6 smaller Servings: Calories: 234 Fat: 20.3g Sat Fat: 5.9g Sodium: 312mg Cholesterol: 110mg Carbs: 6.9g Fiber: 1.3g Sugars: 1.3g Protein 7.8g Net Carbs: 5.6
- You can also use another nut butter besides cashew, like peanut butter or almond as I did in my 2 Minute English Muffin.
- These can be baked, cooled and frozen individually!
- Heres’s my NUT FREE version: 1 Minute Low Carb Cinnamon English Muffin (nut free)!
Low Carb Paleo English Muffins (Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 3 tbsp ghee coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp almond flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk I used Silk
- 3 eggs beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a microwavable bowl or in a small saucepan on the stove, combine the cashew butter and the butter and heat on low or 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir to combine.
In another bowl whisk together the almond flour, salt and baking powder.
Stir that into the cashew butter mixture.
Pour in the almond milk and stir to combine.
Last add the eggs and stir to combine.
Grease a baking pan if using English Muffin molds or grease 6 ramekins.
Pour the batter evenly into the forms or ramekins. I used a little more than 1/4 cup in each English Muffin form. You will use less when dividing into 6 ramekins.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Gently remove and slice in half.
Toast as desired and enjoy!
These can be baked, cooled and frozen individually.
Recipe NotesNet Carbs: 8.3g