This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Low Carb Sugar-Free Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect finger dessert for any party, but especially on New Year’s Eve!
It’s the day after Christmas and I’m sure with all the feasting and indulging, desserts may be the last thing on your mind. But we all know that the Holidays aren’t officially over until New Year’s! Whatever your plan for New Year’s Eve, this recipe is the one you need to make!
Making recipes without sugar, gluten and low carb is always challenging, but it’s something I am committed to doing in my own life and for my family.
And since I have a little bit of a sweet tooth, I had visions of this recipe in my head for weeks before even Christmas came! There’s certainly no shame or guilt in ending the year of 2016 with these luscious, guilt-free indulgence!
Obviously being that these do in fact have champagne, I envisioned these cupcakes to be more for the adults than the children. I’ve added some notes below for substitutions if you are making these for kids.
I brought these to my hair salon for all the ladies working and they couldn’t believe they were sugar-free, low carb and gluten free! Always awesome when people who don’t normally eat sugar-free can’t tell the difference!
- If you want to make this nonalcoholic, simply switch out the champagne for sparkling cider or even sparkling water will work.
- If you don’t have liquid stevia or prefer not to use it and you don’t have Swerve, increase your choice of sugar free sweetener to at least a cup.
- You do need the protein powder it helps make the texture more like traditional cupcakes and helps with it being less crumbly. You could sub egg white protein powder.
- The champagne gives these cupcakes a nice, light airy texture, but you really can’t taste the champagne in them.
I hope you’re ending the year of 2016 with the ones you love and may you have a fantastic year ahead of you for 2017!
Happy New Year!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Sugar-Free Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/3 cup Proseco or champagne
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting or your choice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry into the wet ingredients in the mixer and blend until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners into a 12 capacity muffin pan.
- Spray with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with batter, a little more than half way for each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they bounce bake to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Nutrition Info does not include frosting as you can choose whichever frosting you prefer to use.
Net Carbs: 1.2g