These Low Carb Sugar-Free Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect finger dessert for any party, but especially on New Year's Eve!
Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes
It's the day after Christmas and I'm sure with all the feasting and indulging, desserts may be the last thing on your mind. But we all know that the Holidays aren't officially over until New Year's! Whatever your plan for New Year's Eve, this recipe is the one you need to make!
Making recipes without sugar, gluten and low carb is always challenging, but it's something I am committed to doing in my own life and for my family.
Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
This recipe can easily be adapted from cupcakes to just a vanilla cake if you prefer. You can leave out the champagne and use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in its place.
I had visions of this recipe in my head for weeks before even Christmas came! There's certainly no shame or guilt in ending the year with these luscious, keto sparkling champagne cupcakes!
Keto Finger Foods
Obviously being that these do in fact have champagne, I envisioned these cupcakes to be more for the adults than the children. I've added some notes below for substitutions if you are making these for kids.
I brought these to my hair salon for all the ladies working and they couldn't believe they were sugar-free, low carb and gluten free! Always awesome when people who don't normally eat sugar-free can't tell the difference!
Looking for some wonderful finger foods for New Year's Eve? I've got a bunch!
Keto Swapping and Substitutions
- If you want to make this nonalcoholic, simply switch out the champagne for sparkling cider or even sparkling water will work.
- If you don't have liquid stevia or prefer not to use it and you don't have Swerve, increase your choice of sugar free sweetener to at least a cup.
- You do need the protein powder it helps make the texture more like traditional cupcakes and helps with it being less crumbly. You could sub egg white protein powder.
- The champagne gives these cupcakes a nice, light airy texture, but you really can't taste the champagne in them.
I hope you're ending the year of 2020 with the ones you love and may you have a fantastic year ahead of you for 2021!
Happy New Year!
Low Carb Sugar Free Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes (Keto, Gluten Free)
Low Carb Sugar-Free Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup champagne or Procesco
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting or your choice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry into the wet ingredients in the mixer and blend until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners into a 12 capacity muffin pan.
- Spray with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with batter, a little more than half way for each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they bounce bake to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Net Carbs: 2g This recipe was first published in December 2016 and updated with video in 2020.