This Easy Cabbage Lasagna is Low Carb, Keto, Grain Free and Gluten Free! It's a Delicious Low Carb Lasagna recipe for any night of the week!
Easy Low Carb Lasagna
It's a New Year and it's time to get back on track from all the holiday indulgences. Whether you've stayed low carb and keto during the holidays or you fell off the wagon, it's a new day and you can start today by planning your meals and getting organized.
Meal planning is the number one way to get back to a healthy eating plan. If you have a plan of what you'll eat you're less likely to succumb to temptations around you. Feeding yourself whole, real foods is the key and today's recipe is a satisfying and delicious way to enjoy and sustain a low carb keto lifestyle!
This recipe has no noodles! The noodles are swapped with tender cabbage leaves and it's a pretty awesome replacement if I say so myself. I adapted my Zucchini Lasagna recipe and my hubby actually likes this Cabbage Lasagna even better!
Low Carb Menu Planner
Yesterday I launched my newest feature via subscription membership and it's pretty amazing. Basically you receive a weekly low carb/keto dinner menu plan each week in your email. You can then customize the entire menu! Swap the meals for something else, even change serving sizes based on your family needs! It's an amazing feature I hope you'll take advantage of.
Besides awesome low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy, you'll be invited into my members only Facebook group and you'll receive monthly exclusive recipes or even cookbooks!
This easy cabbage lasagna recipe will win the whole family over. My kids loved it and they really didn't even miss the lasagna noodles. Boiling the lasagna helps to soften the leaves and provides just a subtle taste, barely noticeable even if you're not quite a fan of cabbage. It's a large meal so you can enjoy for dinner and have left overs for another day!
Other Low Carb Family Recipes you might enjoy:
If you like these recipes, you'll find these and many more in my Meal Plan Membership.
Cabbage Lasagna (Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- 1 pound green cabbage
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce divided
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cup mozzarella shredded, divided
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to pot once boiling. Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut the stem off and place into boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes or until outer leaves look translucent and tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cook ground beef in oil in a large skillet until browned completely. Add garlic, salt and pepper and 1 cup of marinara sauce. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella (save the other cup for topping), eggs, seasonings and parmesan. Set aside.
To assemble in a 9 by 13 casserole dish:
- Lay cabbage leaves to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread half the cheese mixture over the cabbage leaves.
- Spread half the meat mixture over the cheese.
- Lay more cabbage slices over the meat and repeat again with the rest of the cheese and meat mixture. Finish with the final slices of cabbage.
- Top with 1 cup marinara sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 30 minutes covered then uncovered for 10 minutes. Give it a quick 5 minute broil if you like a crispier topping.