This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Crock Pot Asiago Ranch Chicken is an easy and delicious weeknight meal!
Making my crock pot work for me is a necessity in the business of life. Being a mom of 3 with crazy busy schedules filled with activities that most of my friends cringe at when just listening to, demands that I use my crock pot a few times a week. It makes life interesting to say the least. If I plan ahead a healthy weeknight meal is always available. The key is planning ahead.
Simple ingredients on hand like boneless chicken breast, broth and cheese makes this an easy recipe to whip up.
If you need this to be ready after a long day at work, just cook on low for 6 hours and 3o minutes then keep warm until you get home.
It’s creamy and comforting without all the carbs. You could of course serve this over pasta if you desire.
My family enjoyed it topped with bacon as a sandwich. The buns you see below are Against the Grain rolls and made from mozzarella cheese in fact. They aren’t low carb so I skipped the bun and just enjoyed this chicken with a side salad topped with bacon of course!
My only suggestion is to make sure to pound the breasts thinner than you see in my picture above. I could not find my meat tenderizer tool and tried to pound the chicken with plastic wrap between the pieces and a wooden spoon, didn’t work that great. So moral of the story, proper tools in the kitchen make a difference lol!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Crock Pot Asiago Ranch Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic power
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese plus 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- Slice the chicken lengthwise and pound thin. Set aside.
- Whisk the dry seasonings together and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- Combine the wine, broth, garlic, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of Asiago cheese in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Pour half this mixture into the bottom of the crock pot. Reserve the rest and keep in the fridge.
- Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder into reserved sauce then pour over the chicken and sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes.