Refined Sugar-Free Dairy Free Fudge couldn't be any easier or more delicious! Now made completely sugar free with a few adaptions from the original!
This Easy Fudge recipe is made with just 5 ingredients and in the Slow Cooker! You can't beat an easier dessert for the Holidays!
I originally created this recipe in 2011 before I was even low carb and did use honey. You can use any sweetener you prefer but the New Adapted recipe is by far my favorite! It's Keto, Gluten Free, and completely Sugar-Free!
My family asks for this fudge all year through, not just for the holidays! When I first made this recipe in 2011 it was before Lily's Sweets created their amazing Sugar-Free Chocolate chips. My orginial recipe also used carob chips which are naturally unsweetened, but Lily's Chocolate Chips are the perfect solution for a low carb fudge!
Although I'm not much of a fudge girl, my family loves it! I was inspired to make some after seeing a recipe from Skinny Crock Pot that seemed to be an easy and simple task and one that wouldn't involve too much time on my part.
I adapted the original recipe to eliminate honey and make it with Stevia instead. Although its a bit sticky to the touch, it IS delicious and everyone who tried it couldn't believe it was sugar-free and dairy free! Of course you could still use honey but not having tried it that way I can not comment on taste or texture.
A smaller crock pot, 3 or 4 quart will work better than a larger one. If you plan ahead and have the ingredients ready, you could make this for Christmas now and freeze until your ready to serve!
You could certainly add some chopped nuts within the mixture before spreading into the dish and refrigerating.
OLD PIC Below from 2011!!!! Above pics are with Lily's Sugar-Free Chocolate chips.
UPDATE: May 2014: Recently I tried this recipe using fresh coconut milk from Silk and it was phenomenal. In fact I think even better than using canned coconut milk and again made with sugar-free chocolate chips as mentioned. A big hit with my entire family!
- The fudge may be sweet enough for you with just the sugar-free chocolate chips, but typically those who are not on a low carb diet are used to very sweet type fudge, so if you are making this for others I would suggest adding in additional sweetener as I did in the video.
- Chocolate Liquid Stevia would be fantastic here but I do love my Vanilla Creme Stevia the best.
- This recipe was first published on my blog in December of 2011.
Crock Pot Sugar-Free Dairy Free Fudge
- Stir coconut milk, chocolate chips, vanilla, stevia and salt in a small 3 or 4 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 2 hours.
- Uncover, turn off and let sit (no stirring please) for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir well for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Line a one quart casserole dish with parchment paper and spread mixture in.
- Chill 30 minutes or until firm.