Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread mimics a traditional banana bread, but is modified with healthy adaptions and no sugar added, that no one will even question!
Everyone loves banana bread right? What better way to use up really ripe bananas than to make a delicious yummy bread for your family! This recipe is adapted from my traditional whole wheat sugar-free banana bread and tastes just as ,moist as the original version.
Have you ever used buckwheat flour before? Neither had I, but since I decided to buy some I've been wanting to experiment with it. When I went to make this recipe using all gluten free flour I realized I didn't have enough to make two cups! That's where the buckwheat flour played it's role. Just using a half a cup here makes a nice texture and flavor in this banana bread. Feel free to use a full two cups of any gluten free flour of your choice if buckwheat flour is not in you pantry.
My hubby loved this and he is the pickiest of men, even worse than my children so you know where they get it from. He loved this bread and did not say anything about texture of flavor. In fact he ate a FEW pieces LOL!
Gluten Free Sugar-Free Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk 1%
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon berry liquid stevia or plain liquid
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon balking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer place eggs, vanilla, milk, applesauce and stevia and blend on speed 4 until combined.
- Add bananas.
- In a separate bowl stir together flours, flaxseed, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- A little a time pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend on all incorporated.
- By hand stir in the blueberries.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until a toothpick in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool 30-60 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
Other recipes you might like: