Grilling chicken is a wonderful easy weeknight dinner, but adding fresh herbs as a marinade transforms it from ordinary to extraordinary! The taste just can NOT be beat by any store bought marinade.
This marinade can be soaked for just 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge for up to 8 hours. Either way you are sure to have a flavorful and delicious grilled chicken. Even my pickiest oldest son LOVED it as well as my little 6 year old who has a dislike for the color green and anything called healthy LOL!
It is simple enough to prepare in your blender or food processor, pour in a bag and let it do it’s thing!
Grill on each side for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. There were no left overs with my family and this chicken, they devoured it!
*recipe adapted from Yankee magazine
- 1 cup loosely packed mixed fresh herb leaves (basil, parsley, cilantro)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry, sliced in half lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- Wash and chop herbs.
- Place in food processor or high powdered blender.
- Add in oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in a ziploc bag, pour in marinade, seal and massage to coat chicken with marinade.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes (up to 8 hours).
- Grill chicken for 10-15 minutes on each side, until cooked through (juices run clear and no longer pink).