This Creamy Keto Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream is not only an easy recipe, it tastes incredibly similar to traditional sugar filled butter pecan ice cream! You can make this with to without an ice cream machine!
The Best Sugar Free Keto Ice Cream
When it comes to ice cream one thing is certain, it's got to be creamy for that perfect mouth feel. With the right combination of flavors, just one spoonful, will linger on your tongue for days, bringing you back again for another taste.
Creating the perfect keto ice cream that can hold up against traditional sugary ice cream is no small feat, but today's recipe will make you believe in miracles. You can enjoy this luscious ice cream in your low carb life style for little effort in the kitchen and few carbs.
Churn or No Churn Ice Cream
Using an ice cream machine is truly the very best way to create that texture you'll remember from before your low carb days. If you have a stand mixer, like a KitchenAid, you can get an attachment to make ice cream so you wouldn't need another separate appliance. I have this one.
If you really want to try this recipe but don't have an ice cream machine then try whipping the heavy cream in a stand mixer and set aside. Melt the butter and gradually add it to the egg yolks then try blending it in the mixer together then pouring into the loaf pan and freezing. I can't say this is the best method for a creamy ice cream, but let me know if you do try it.
For the best results I highly recommend using an ice cream machine or attachment.
Nut Free Option
Since the base of the ice cream itself is completely nut free, you can certainly leave out the added pecans to make this nut free. It will still be a BUTTERY CREAMY Maple flavored ice cream and I'm sure you'll love it.
Try adding other items like sugar free chocolate chips instead of nuts for a bit of texture. Or crumble my low carb vanilla wafers into it or stir in my crumble mixture from my cookies and cream dip!
You obviously don't need any toppings but if you're really in the mood for delicious, top this ice cream with more toasted pecans and a little drizzle of Choczero Maple Pecan syrup or Sukrin Fiber Gold Syrup.
If you're more of a chocolate kind of person, my DIY Sugar Free Magic Shell would be awesome on top of this!
Meal Planning Membership
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish.
Right now for the New Year we are giving 25% OFF our Meal Plan Membership! Use Code NY2020 at check out!
Keto Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Keto Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- ¼ cup liquid Allulose
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tbsp Lakanto sugar free maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2 tablespoon pecans toasted, chopped
- Place the butter, heavy cream, Swerve sweetener, allulose and salt in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat do not boil.
- Whisk egg yolks until light in color. Take a spoonful of the butter cream mixture and stir into the yolks to temper them. Continue with a few more spoonfuls then gradually add in the remaining yolk into the mixture on the stove.
- Continue to stir over low heat until mixture thickens, and coats the back of a spoon, 175 degrees F. Pour into a bowl to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the fridge and stir in maple extract and sugar free maple syrup or sweetener of choice and MCT oil.
- Once combined pour mixture into your ice cream machine. Follow manufacturer's instructions. Stir in pecans then spread ice cream into an 9 by 5 loaf pan and freeze for 2-3 hours for soft serve.
- If you don't have Swerve just use any sweetener of choice you prefer.
- Again if you don't have the Choczero sweetener that's fine too just use what you like, and add more maple extract, but I do highly recommend trying the Choczero sweetener.
- If you don't have MCT oil you can replace it with vodka. Both of these help to keep the soft texture after freezing.
- Allulose is another new favorite sweetener I've tried and also helps to keep the ice cream softer in texture.
- This recipe was first published in April of 2018 and updated with video in January 2020.
Hi there! I would love to make your butter pecan ice cream and I have a question. May I use liquid Monkfruit instead of liquid Allulose?
You could but the reason the Allulose is the better option is because it will keep the ice cream softer after freezing and Monk Fruit will not help with that.
Can you change the maple out for vanilla and add cocoa powder to make chocolate this was the best consistency of keto ice cream ever and I'd love other options in flavor
Without testing it I would be guessing on the amount of cocoa powder but I will definitely work on adapting this to a chocolate flavor.
Ok I tried it and it came out great!!!!!
I have a bit of a problem... this recipe only makes 2 servings. Okay, well maybe that's because it is SO AMAZING that we eat it all at once (and I don't really like ice cream!)
I'm in Canada, where we can't get allulose, so I just added another tablespoon of sugar free maple syrup. I also sprinkled a lot more nuts on top. But it is really really REALLY delicious. Husband says thank you for giving him back ice cream. 🙂
So happy you both loved it!
There is one major flaw with this recipe.....It's so good it makes my eyes water!
I used 1.5 cups of 35% whipping cream (not sure if that's the sane as 'heavy cream'), and half a cup of silk unsweetened almond milk (due to not having enough whipping cream).
It's in my freezer now and I can hear it calling me to come have another bite!
Thank you so much for this fantastic recipe!!
This ice cream is simply the best ice cream I’ve ever made!!
So easy and beyond delicious! This is the second time I’m making it and I used gin as I didn’t have any vodka and I used monk fruit/erythritol blend that I powdered myself . So versatile and the taste is out of this world! Making a double batch as I write this lol Thank you so much for this recipe!!!