These keto salmon burgers with spicy sugar free coleslaw are a perfect, quick and easy, family friendly weeknight meal!
How to Make Keto Salmon Burgers
This recipe for keto salmon burgers couldn't be any simpler. Just a few ingredients with fresh herbs and spices and you've got a quick and easy meal for a busy weeknight. The side Sugar free coleslaw is also very simple to put together in less than 5 minutes. Fresh salmon is best for a nice crispy burger on the outside and tender meat on the inside. You do have the option to use canned salmon if you want an even quicker meal, but the fresh flavors of using fresh salmon with the herbs is hard to beat. Just one egg and a small amount of coconut flour to bind is all you need with the wonderful spices to make incredible tasting keto salmon burgers.
Tools to Make Keto Salmon Burgers
Food Processor- I highly suggest using a food processor to get all the ingredients incorporated well and smooth and quickly. The processor will help blend the spices with the salmon perfectly.
Bowls- I use my glass bowls in different sizes for just about all my meals.
Burger press- Obviously not a necessity but a nice little gadget when you want to impress your friends will perfectly shaped burger patties!
Meal Plan Membership
Make your life simpler and stress free by joining our meal plan membership on a month to month basis or pay for the discounted 1 year membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plans are sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Other Salmon Recipes you might like:
Keto Salmon Burgers with Sugar Free Spicy Coleslaw
Keto Salmon Burgers with Sugar Free Spicy Coleslaw (Low Carb)
if you prefer.
- 4 salmon fillets (or canned boneless and skinned salmon) (500g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated (20g)
- 2 spring onions green part (10g)
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped (or parsley) (8g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper cracked
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (or chili flakes, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves (70g)
To Make the Burgers
- Remove skin from salmon using a sharp knife. Dice the salmon into 2 inch chunks and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes (not so they freeze but so they firm up a bit). Place in a food processor and pulse. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the rest of ingredients for the Salmon Burgers in a food processor and process until smooth.
- If using canned salmon, make sure you’ve removed the bones and skin and stir through with the spice mix. Shape into 4 burgers using your hands or use a burger press.
To Make the Coleslaw
- Finely shred the cabbage and celery using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife. Mix with the mayo, hot sauce, seasoning, olive oil and sesame seeds.
To Cook the Burgers
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the Salmon Burgers on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and crisp on the outside. Transfer to a piece of paper towel to soak up any excess fat.
- Serve the burgers in lettuce leaves and top with slaw. Or place the slaw on the bottom if you prefer.
- Once cooked can be stored in an airtight Tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days. Salmon burgers can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.