What's better than an indulgent piece of cheesecake?
A MINI version that has all the flavors of an indulgent piece of cheesecake with only 59 calories a serving!!
Perfect party food too, no utensils needed!
A delicate hint of orange in each creamy cheesy bite with a cookie crust make these the best little healthy cheesecake bites you've ever had!
Use whatever shortbread cookie you like to serve as your crust. My favorite are Pamela's brand found at Whole Food market. Wheat & Gluten free sweetened with agave as the 6th ingredient made them the choice for me.
Small is good, sometimes better when watching your weight . So these little bites of heaven are the right size to bring to any party. You'll feel like you can enjoy dessert without having to stand out with the typical response being, "You're not eating dessert??" And hearing the sighs that follow of shock and disbelief!
Well now you don't have to forgo dessert. Bring this dessert and NO ONE will even know no sugar is added to these lighter bites!
Other Easter dessert recipes you might like:
- Coconut Cream Lime Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Whole Wheat Berry Crumb Bars
- NO Bake Chocolate Coconut Balls
- NO Bake Honey Peanut Butter Balls
- Fudgey Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Cookie Dough Truffles
Lighter Mini Citrus CheeseCake Bites
- ¾ cup ground shortbread cookies I used Pamela's brand wheat & gluten free
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 orange zested divided in half
- 8 ounce package lite cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon orange or vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- Mix together crushed cookies, butter and half the zest of one orange.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside about a quarter of the cookie crumb mixture for topping.
- Spoon a small about of cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin and press with finger.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg and stevia together until well blended.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly into each muffin tin.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water onto bottom of baking sheet. (Water should reach half way up sides of muffin tin).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from baking sheet to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled sprinkle the rest of the cookie crumb mixture over each mini cheesecake.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.