This Delicious Low Carb Avocado Toast is the perfect quick meal and more recipes like it can be found in the new Atkins book, "Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less". Thank you to Atkins Nutritionals for sponsoring today's post.
Crisp Toast in the morning with creamy avocado mashed on top and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt is how I like to start my day. If I have more time in the morning I'd add a few pieces of bacon and possibly an egg with it as well! But having a prepared toast that I've made ahead, ready to pull out of the fridge on a busy morning for a quick breakfast, makes living a low carb life style a whole lot less stressful!
Recently I was asked by Atkins Nutritionals to review their new book, "Atkins: Eat Right Not Less" and I have to say, I absolutely love it! I've been an Atkins follower for years and have known about it since my childhood because my mom was and still is an avid follower of the Atkins way of life.
This new book is a wonderful wealth of information for those who might just be starting out on a low carb lifestyle change. But even if you're experienced and have been low carb for years, you'll also enjoy the quality of recipes this book provides. The recipe I'm sharing today is a win, both with me and my teens.
I'm thrilled to say that there are now 3 different low carb option plans! Atkins 20, the original plan, Atkins 40 and Atkins 100. If you're new to a low carb life style, the original plan might be too challenging for you being just about 20 net carbs a day, but the other 2 plans include a bit more carbs which might- fit your lifestyle better, depending on your goals. A low carb and keto lifestyle isn't -a-one-size-fits-all- and that's why I'm totally recommending this book!
I hope you enjoy this delicious toast recipe and you're encouraged in this New Year to pursue a low carb, sugar free life style! You can learn more about Atkins' new book, at www.atkinseatrightnotless.com.
- I always like to play with seasonings, and I tried a version with some of my favorites, including ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings and ½ teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder.
- If you don't have liquid stevia I think you could just eliminate it or use 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar free sweetener, such as Swerve, to balance out the flavors.
- Looking for more Bread Recipes? Check out my Cloud Bread Loaf, 2 Minute English Muffin or my Pizza Dough!
Low Carb Avocado Toast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk together the eggs, olive oil and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, Parmesan, baking powder, stevia, oregano, and red pepper, stir to blend.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry to form a dough, which will be sticky.
- Coat a half sheet pan with olive oil cooking spray. Smooth the dough onto the pan 16-by-8 inch rectangle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges. Allow to cool about 20 minutes.
- While the dough is baking and cooling, prepare the avocados. Place them in a large bowl with lemon juice and salt. Mash well.
- Cut the toast into 8 squares and top with avocado.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Atkins . The opinions and text are all mine.