This Easy Low Carb Keto Chicken Crust Pizza recipe is just 1 net carb per serving! Gluten free, nut free, no flours, quick and easy! For those on a ketogenic diet or low carb diet, it's a great way to get high protein for almost zero carbs for when those pizza cravings hit!
The Best Keto Pizza Crust Recipe
If you have not tried a chicken crust pizza before, this is your lucky day! A high protein take on a pizza made with chicken. These Keto Chicken crusts are a single serve keto pizza recipe and super easy to make, taking under 30 minutes.
You can make up a batch of the crusts and freeze them raw, then just cook and add toppings for a quick low-carb meal the whole family will love.
Each low carb pizza crust can be topped with pepperoni and cheese for a classic take, but feel free to make them your own and top with different cheeses, layer with different meats, a fried egg or cooked roasted veggies for an easy keto meal.
Chicken Crust Pizza vs Fat Head Pizza
Fathead dough to make fathead pizza crust has so much cheese in the recipe and if you are unable to enjoy dairy, fathead pizza would not be an option. It is certainly delicious, but also does take a bit more time to make.
Chicken pizza crust is a high protein, very low carb, keto and dairy free pizza crust option for everyone who wants to eat low carb and keto with just 1 net carb per serving!
Keto Chicken Pizza Crust
Chicken crust pizza does not include any flours or any ground nuts of any kind so it is a fabulous option for those with tree nut and peanut allergies. It's really just a homemade ground chicken crust recipe for perfect high protein keto pizza.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
You just need some simple ingredients to make this ground chicken pizza crust. A few spices like onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, a little olive oil and skinless, raw boneless chicken breast or chicken thighs to make these easy chicken crust pizzas.
Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C /180 fan.
Add the chicken, herbs, spices, seasoning, and olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until minced and combined.
Split the base into individual balls and place each ball on a large piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Roll the meat base between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin, until about a quarter inch thick.
Tip: to get the base round into a pizza shape, roll between two sheets, then turn over any edges and re-roll.
Keep the meat base on the parchment paper and place on a baking sheet pan and bake for 7 - 8 minutes, until just cooked through. Top each chicken crust with your favorite pizza toppings, such as, tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella and slices of pepperoni.
Place in the oven for 3 minutes and then finish off under broiler until cheese melts and gets golden brown, about 3 - 5minutes. Sprinkle with optional fresh basil, arugula and olive oil.
What to Serve with Chicken Crust Pizza
Other keto sides you might enjoy with this easy pizza recipe;
How to Make One Large Chicken Crust Pizza
If you would rather make this chicken crust recipe as one large pizza for the family, you can easily do that.
Simply mix the chicken crust ingredients together but rather than roll into 4 balls to make individual pizzas, make one large 12 -inch round pizza crust instead. Cooking time may take a bit longer as one whole pizza pan than personal pizzas.
Favorite Pizza Toppings
Delicious keto pizza toppings would include; pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, bacon, sausage, sweet peppers, mushrooms, olives, whole garlic and any deli meats you enjoy. My favorite toppings are actually no sauce, just olive oil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and pickled red onions.
Low Carb Pizza Sauce Options
Storing Chicken Crust Pizza
These chicken crust pizza is better fresh, but can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Crust can be made the day before and then cooked or stored raw and frozen, then cooked and toppings added.
If cooking from frozen, cooking time maybe a little longer than if cooking from fresh, possibly needing 10 extra minutes.
More Low Carb Pizza Recipes:
The Best High Protein Chicken Crust Pizza
Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (1 tablespoon per crust)
- 1 ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese shredded (⅓ cup per crust)
- 48 grams pepperoni small, thinly sliced (or chorizo or parma ham) (6 slices per crust)
Optional To Serve
- ¼ cup basil fresh - optional
- 1 cup arugula fresh - optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C /180 fan.
- Add the chicken, herbs, spices, seasoning, and olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until minced and combined.
- Split the base into individual balls and place each ball on a large square of parchment paper. Roll the meat base between two sheets of parchment paper until about a quarter inch. Tip: to get the base round, roll between two sheets, then turn over any edges and re-roll.
- Keep the meat base on the parchment paper and place on baking trays and bake for 7 - 8 minutes until just cooked through. Top each chicken crust with toppings such as tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella and slices of pepperoni.
- Place in the oven for 3 minutes and then finish off under broiler till cheese melts and gets golden, apx. 3 - 5minutes. Sprinkle with optional fresh basil, arugula and olive oil.
- Storage: Best fresh. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Bases can be made the day before and then cooked or stored raw and frozen then cooked and topped. If cooking from frozen, cooking time may be a little longer.