The next time you are craving some Mexican food or Take-Out, try this super easy keto copycat chipotle chicken bowl packed with flavor and super easy to make ahead. Just 6 g net carbs per bowl.
Keto Chipotle Chicken Bowl
These Low Carb Chipotle keto bowls are great for a healthy low carb lunch, quick and easy meal prep or healthy dinner for busy weeknights.
The great thing about keto bowl recipes is that it's usually just a simple quick cooking of the protein in a large skillet, then some tossing in fresh ingredients, your favorite toppings and you're done. It's a main course Mexican meal all in a single bowl.
I like to leave the marinade for an hour, but if you’re in a rush you can just fry and go, it can be on the table in 20 minutes flat!
I like to use skinless and boneless chicken thighs for the best flavor, but feel free to skinless chicken breasts if you prefer. It even works with ground chicken. YUM!
Chop up some Romaine lettuce, add your favorite cheddar cheese, some sour cream, avocado, pico de gallo or salsa or my favorite fresh salsa, a 1 minute homemade chopped cherry tomato version with the saucy chipotle chicken.
It's a keto friendly dinner the whole family will enjoy, even if they’re not on a low carb diet or a keto diet.
Can I make this into chipotle chicken burrito bowls?
Traditional burritos are usually wrapped in flour tortillas which is not low carb. Usually white rice or even brown rice as well as black beans is used to make chipotle burrito bowls.
So a great way, if you want a burrito, is to make a keto burrito bowl instead. You will want to replace traditional rice that has high carbs with a low carb rice.
To make this a keto chicken burrito bowl use my Mexican cauliflower rice recipe or Palmini rice or shiritaki rice. Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a perfect recipe base for this low carb burrito bowl recipe.
I haven't found a low carb bean to replace black beans so I would just recommend leaving it out.
What other low carb veggies can I add to this keto bowl?
Fajita veggies like bell peppers and onions sautéed would be delicious ingredients to add to this delicious dish.
Can I leave the Chipotle peppers out of the marinated Chicken?
Yes, you could skip using the chipotle peppers and use my homemade taco seasoning for my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas instead.
How to Make Keto Chipotle Bowl
Exact measurements and Nutrition information is provided in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
chipotle pepper puree (this replaces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce that often includes inflammatory oils and sugar, so you just need a little)
boneless skinless chicken thighs
green onion or even red onion is good too
cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
Add all the ingredients for the marinade to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
Transfer marinade to a bowl and add the chicken. Toss to combine, cover and place in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours. If you’re in a rush you can use right away, the flavor is better if you have time to allow it to sit.
Heat avocado oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken with marinade and cook on a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of times, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F..
To make the fresh tomato salsa, mix diced fresh tomatoes, and green onion in base of the bowl. Toss with a little olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, divide your ingredients evenly. Add the salsa, lettuce, optional cheese, sour cream and avocado to a bowl and top with chipotle-seasoned chicken.
Storage: 1 day in the fridge. If meal prepping, store each serving in airtight containers.
Nutritional information does not include optional sour cream and cheddar cheese.
More Keto Salad Bowl Recipes
Greek Chicken Salad Bowls
Low Carb Keto Chipotle Chicken Bowl Recipe
Keto Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper puree
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flaked
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 ounces tomatoes cherry, diced
- 1 small green onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 ounces avocado cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (optional) shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer marinade to a bowl and add the chicken. Toss to combine, cover and place in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours. If you’re in a rush you can use right away, the flavor is better if you have time to allow it to sit.
- Heat avocado oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken with marinade and cook on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of times, until cooked through.
- To make the salsa, mix diced cherry tomatoes, and green onion in bowl. Toss with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, divide your ingredients evenly. Add the salsa, lettuce, optional cheese, sour cream and avocado to a bowl and top with chipotle chicken.
- Storage: 1 day in the fridge.
Leave a Reply