This easy low carb meatball recipe comes together quickly then is topped over a scrumptious Greek salad making for an easy meal prep recipe or a simple weeknight dinner.
Easy Greek Meatballs
All the flavors of your favorite Greek Salad with a quick and speedy meatball twist. Make these Keto Greek Meatball Bowls for a speedy dinner or a great meal prep option.
These meatballs are a super quick one bowl option that can be made in the air fryer, baked or pan fried in a little olive oil if you prefer.
I'm a lover of all things meatballs and my whole family loves them too. Greek ingredients like red onion, feta cheese and lemon zest are also favorites in our salads around here.
These Greek bowls come together so fast and have all the traditional Greek flavors you love!
How to Make Keto Greek Meatballs
To view the exact measurements, print recipe and see nutrition info, please scroll to the bottom of the page to view the recipe card.
clove garlic minced
sea salt flaked
fresh herbs like parsley or basil
Place all the meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine. Shape into meatballs. (Recipe Note: Shape 6 meatballs per serving you will be making).
Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
Line the air fryer with tin foil or greaseproof and add the meatballs in a single layer.
Air fry for 10 - 12 minutes until cooked through.
Place meatballs on a large baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper and Bake in a preheated oven (400F / 200C / 180 fan) for 13 -15 minutes.
Stove Top Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and internal temperature is 160 degrees F. .
Greek Salad Dressing
We chose to make a simple dressing rather than make a typical tzatziki sauce.
vinegar red wine
Greek Salad Ingredients
cucumber ( We like English cucumber because it has few seeds and the skin isn't waxy).
Yellow, red or green bell pepper
Squirt of fresh lemon juice to serve, optional
Add all the salad ingredients to the base of a large mixing bowl. Toss / drizzle with dressing and top with the tasty Greek meatballs.
Can I use ground chicken or ground turkey instead?
Yes if you prefer to swap out the ground beef that is fine.
Can I use lean ground beef?
Yes if you prefer or you could use a combination of ground beef and ground turkey, ground chicken or ground pork.
Can I swap the salad with cauliflower rice instead?
You could eliminate the salad ingredients and just top the Greek meatballs over cooked cauliflower rice then drizzle the dressing over the bowl.
How to Store
After the beef meatballs have cooked and cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If meal prepping this low-carb meal, prepare the salad veggies and store without dressing the dressing until ready to serve. You can add the meatballs right into the salad container and store the dressing separately.
Low-Carb Mediterranean Dishes
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
Keto Greek Meatball Bowls
Keto Greek Meatball Bowls
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt flaked
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (or basil)
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vinegar red wine
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 ounces arugula chopped
- 2 ounces cucumber cubed
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces bell pepper de-seeded, chopped
- ½ ounce red onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 ounces kalamata olives pitted, halved
- 1 ounce feta cheese crumbled
- ½ tablespoon fresh mint
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill
- Place all the meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine. Shape into meatballs. (Recipe Note: Shape 6 meatballs per serving you will be making).
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Line the air fryer with tin foil or greaseproof and add the meatballs in a single layer.
- Air fry for 10 - 12 minutes until cooked through or bake in the oven (400F / 200C / 180 fan) for 13 -15 minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients to the base of the bowl. Toss / drizzle with dressing and top with meatballs.
Leave a Reply