These Low Carb Sweet And Sour Cocktail Meatballs are the perfect solution for a fantastic and easy appetizer for your next holiday party!
These delicious little cocktail meatballs are grain free, gluten free, sugar-free, low carb and keto making them the most wonderful allergy friendly appetizer to share with all your friends and family!
You just can't go wrong with meatballs. Make them mini like in this recipe, add a toothpick for easy serving and enjoy them hot or room temperature. They're the perfect solution for when your time is limited, but you need a hearty holiday party favorite everyone will devour!
These can be served as an entree too. Serve them in lettuce cups or serve over some zucchini noodles, low carb pasta or cauliflower rice.
My favorite appetizers are always finger foods where utensils aren't required. Some of my party winners are Sweet Candied Bourbon Pecans, Salt and Vinegar Zucchini chips, Cheesy Sausage Zucchini Cups, Avocado Deviled Eggs and Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone!
While the true dish has green peppers, deep fried pork bites and loads of sugar in the sauce, my take on this classic gives you the same flavors without the sugar and carbs. Hope you enjoy this Holiday Classic turned healthier!
Low Carb Sweet and Sour Cocktail Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form 40 meatballs, each meatball being about 1-1.2 oz.
- Lay the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Broil for five minutes on low for more browning.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, combine the sauce ingredients in a skillet. Stir together over medium-high heat. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Once meatballs are cooked, transfer to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over. Mix well to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds and more scallions, if desired. Serve with toothpicks for a delicious appetizer for any party.