If you need a delicious, low carb meal idea using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas, look no further friends, this recipe combines all the delicious flavor of leftovers with fresh ingredients making this the best low carb leftover meal you've ever had!
What is Turkey Hash?
Traditional carb heavy turkey hash usually combines left over cooked turkey, fried onions, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, stuffing and any other Thanksgiving leftovers you'd like to include. Some even include some left over turkey gravy on top! Making this low carb turkey hash just requires a few little tweaks for an awesome leftover meal anytime!
Leftover Turkey Hash
If you’re looking for a super delicious way to use up your left over Thanksgiving or Christmas Turkey this Low-Carb Turkey Hash is a must make. Packed with flavor and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner. Of course, you can make this at any time of the year, not just for the festive season. If you prefer, you can use roast chicken instead of turkey. We make this low carb by replacing typical potatoes with turnips and cauliflower florets instead.
If you don’t have cooked turkey you can also roast a turkey or chicken breast, thighs or legs in the oven and then shred the meat.
Thanksgiving Left Overs Recipes you might like:
How to Store Turkey Hash
Once cooked and cooled, store left overs in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just be mindful of when you previously cooked your turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas and enjoy turkey hash left overs for no more than 2 days. Eggs don't reheat as well so be sure to cook fresh eggs the next time you are reheating the hash left overs. You could also certainly freeze this hash in an airtight container for up to a month in the freezer. Thaw the night before in your fridge.
Keto Low Carb Meal Plans
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
Low Carb Turkey Hash
Low-Carb Turkey Hash
- 4 slices bacon 4-6 slices cut into 2.5cm pieces (140g)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces yellow onion chopped or 70grams
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets diced into 2cm cubes or 250 grams
- 6 ounces turnips peeled and diced into 2cm cubes or 200 grams
- 4 ounces red bell pepper chopped (119g) or 1 medium
- 1 chili fresh, deseeded and finely diced (5g) optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste (bearing in mind bacon is salty)
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 6 ounces turkey cooked (or chicken) or 170 grams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to fry the eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick or cast iron pan over a medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy or to your liking, approximately 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the bacon to kitchen paper. Keep any bacon fat in the pan.
- Turn the heat back to medium and add the butter plus the onion, cauliflower and turnips to the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften and begin to turn golden. Add the pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chili and garlic for 1 further minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, plus the paprika and cover with a lid. Cook until the cauliflower is tender and the water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. (If the water evaporates before the cauliflower is tender, add a little more and cook for 1 - 3 more minutes.)
- Stir through the cooked turkey and bacon.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir through the Low-Carb Turkey Hash leaving a little to drizzle on top of the eggs.
- Add the olive oil to a clean non stick frying pan. Crack the eggs in the pan and fry to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the eggs on top of the hash and drizzle with the remaining dressing.(If you prefer you can create holes in the hash and crack the eggs in and cook with a lid on for about 5 minutes or to your liking. You don’t need the olive oil for this.)
- Storage: Hash can be stored in the fridge in Tupperware for up to 2 days. Eggs are best freshly cooked.