A super yummy side dish for any meal right here! Easy to prepare, especially using my Creamy Risotto in the Microwave recipe! Of course you could add the squash and apples to any cooked rice, but the risotto is really good! The roasted apples add a slight sweetness to the whole dish and the family just loved it. I know yours will too!
Servings: 12* Calories per serving: 205* Fat: 8g* Fiber: 1g* Carbs: 30g* Protein: 5g* Points+: 6* Old Points: 4*
Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Risotto
- 2 cups peeled, diced, butternut squash
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups cooked Risotto or rice
- optional topping: grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash and apple on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender about 30 minutes, tossing once half way.
- Add the cooked squash and apples to the rice and top with Parmesan cheese.