This Delicious Keto Low Carb, Nut Free, Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread is the perfect fall bread for the fall season to enjoy with your coffee or tea! Ideal if you're on a ketogenic diet with just 3 grams of net carbs. It's also almond flour free, and gluten free!
Keto Pumpkin Bread
When you have a fantastic keto bread that everyone loves, it's pretty easy to create other fabulous breads from that base.
My Keto Nut Free Coconut Flour Bread is one of those breads that when viral quickly simply because it doesn't need any fancy ingredients and it's super simple with amazing results every time!
Adapting from that bread, I created my Keto Banana Bread that is in my cookbook with over 125 keto recipes, Naturally Keto. I shared it with all of you on my blog as well because so many of you requested that adaptation.
I knew I could adapt my bread to become a pumpkin bread, but decided on a little twist. The browned butter combined with pumpkin pie spice makes this bread explode with pumpkin flavor and is over the top amazing!
Keeping it with my traditional coconut flour bread recipe, this Keto Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread is also simple to make, no difficult or hard to find ingredients and also nut free, gluten free, sugar free, and grain free!
If you're on a low carb diet for weight loss, this keto bread can be included without causing sugar and carb cravings and raising your blood sugar having 7 total grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber.
Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly?
You can include pumpkin in small amounts on your keto diet. A ½ cup canned pure pumpkin has 9.9 grams of total carbs. Most keto recipes use that amount in the whole recipe like in this keto pumpkin bread I'm sharing today.
2 tablespoons has just 2.5 grams of carbs, and just 10 calories. It's really all about portions when it comes to including certain vegetables on your ketogenic diet.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Keto?
Yes pumpkin seeds are keto friendly and can be enjoyed regularly.
2 tablespoons of roasted, salted pumpkin seeds have 85 calories and 2.2 grams of carbs, 4.4 grams of protein and a healthy fat amount of 7.2 grams, making them a wonderful snack or topping on a salad.
Can I use homemade Pumpkin Puree?
Yes you can absolutely replace the canned pumpkin I used with homemade pumpkin puree in the same amount.
Can I use canned pumpkin Pie Filling?
Please do not use canned pumpkin pie filling because it is full of sugar and high in carbs. You want to look for canned pure pumpkin with no other ingredients.
How To Brown Butter
Browning butter is a fabulous way to create a caramel flavor to your butter. It tastes a little sweet and savory at the same time and is just fantastic added to muffins, pancakes and of course breads!
It's not difficult to brown butter, but you do need to be careful not to burn it. Using a light colored frying pan will help you better see the color the butter is turning.
Before the butter starts browning, it will foam, continue to stir and you will start to see brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
Once it's a toasty brown color, take it off the heat and continue to stir it for another minute then add it to you the batter you are working with.
Allow to cool before adding it hot right off the stove to anything that has raw eggs in it, otherwise they will cook with the heat from the butter.
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Bread
To see the exact measurements and nutritional information as well as print the entire recipe, scroll to the bottom of this blog post and you will find the recipe card.
This recipe comes from my cookbook, Naturally Keto. My next book will be released in December called, The 30-Day Sugar Elimination Diet.
Unsalted butter or use coconut oil for dairy free
Cup of pumpkin puree
Unsweetened almond milk or use coconut milk or heavy cream for nut free
Pumpkin liquid stevia or vanilla stevia
Large eggs, room temperature
Optional topping: sugar free chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the butter into pieces and heat a light colored skillet over medium heat. As it melts, stir constantly. It will bubble and foam, keep stirring and it will start to brown.
When it's a shade lighter than you think it should be, take it off the heat so it doesn't burn.
Pour this into a stand mixer with the pumpkin, coconut, flax, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and Swerve. Mix until combined.
Add the almond milk to the pan you used for browning the butter.Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon as the milk is warming through from the hot pan.
Heat the milk for 1-2 minutes then pour into the stand mixer. Add in the pumpkin spice, pumpkin stevia, vanilla and maple extract.
Mix these ingredients on low speed, until smooth and combined.
Once combined well, add in 1 egg at a time. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
Once combined pour the batter into a parchment lined 8 by 4 loaf pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Enjoy for breakfast snack or as a keto dessert!
Other Keto Pumpkin recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Easy Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cloud Bread
- Pumpkin Twists
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Maple Scones
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Keto Pumpkin Soup recipe
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- Single Serving Pumpkin Mug Cake
Keto Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread
Keto Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or use coconut oil for dairy free
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup coconut flour or 80 grams
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed or 25 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup Swerve brown sugar sub packed, or 50 grams
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or use coconut milk for nut free
- 2.5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin liquid stevia or vanilla stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- 5 large eggs
- optional topping: sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the butter into pieces and heat a light colored skillet over medium heat. As it melts, stir constantly. It will bubble and foam, keep stirring and it will start to brown.
- When it's a shade lighter than you think it should be, take it off the heat so it doesn't burn.
- Pour this into a stand mixer with the pumpkin, coconut, flax, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and Swerve. Mix until combined.
- Add the almond milk to the pan you used for browning the butter.Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon as the milk is warming through from the hot pan.
- Heat the milk for 1-2 minutes then pour into the stand mixer. Add in the pumpkin spice, pumpkin stevia, vanilla and maple extract.
- Mix these ingredients on low speed, until smooth and combined.
- Once combined well, add in 1 egg at a time. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Once combined pour the batter into a parchment lined 8 by 4 loaf pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Slice, toast and enjoy with butter!
- Store wrapped in foil in the refrigerator up to 7 days or freeze up to a month.
This pumpkin bread tasted very good & was moist. We ate it slightly warm but tomorrow we’ll try it toasted. Is it supposed to fall after taking it out of the oven?
I made the browned butter pumpkin bread and it is very good!! This recipe is a keeper! I didn’t add the chocolate chips but opted to add about 1/4 c. chopped pecans! Tasty!!
I absolutely do not like stevia... what can i use in place of the liquid stevia flavorings (vanillar or pumpkin spice)?
Yes that's fine, add more pumpkin spice and vanilla extract and use your favorite keto sweetener.
Can you use almond flour
I bought Naturally Keto in January 2020 and would like a copy of the 22 Low Carb Keto Pumpkin recipes-how can I purchase a copy? I don't see it on Amazon.
I can email it to you.
How many recipes are in the cookbook? Is there a list somewhere?
Your recipes, blog posts and IG posts have been a lifesaver in keeping with our healthy cooking and snacks! Thanks
Do we need to send you our receipt to get the bonus recipe and pumpkin ebook or will they be sent automatically to anyone who has ordered in October?
Hello, can we assume if we didn't receive our freebie today, we will tomorrow?
Does every recipe in the cookbook have a photo with it?
Nevermind....I must have read over that part earlier. I see that it says it does 🙂 Yay!
Where is brown butter pumpkin bread recipe?
It is a bonus recipe that will be sent to everyone who has preordered my cookbook.
Jeannie F Costanzo
Where do I find the carb count