This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Who doesn’t love a delicious creamy chicken salad? How about if it’s made without mayo, even better right? Don’t get me wrong I LOVE mayo, unfortunately I LOVE mayonnaise TOO much and I really have to watch how much I use. Making it without mayo and a healthier substitute allows me to use more in this recipe than I would if made with mayo. Win, win don’t you think?
Adding some really good seasoning and a tiny amount of extra virgin olive oil really make this a success! Having already cooked chicken breast in your freezer also makes this a pretty fast recipe.
If you decide you aren’t crazy about raw peppers, place it in a scooped out tomato instead. Feel like having it in bread? Sure but make a healthy whole grain choice. Have you seen my video all about finding Healthy Breads? Just because it says whole wheat on the front of the package does not constitute a healthy bread! Don’t be fooled!
Greek yogurt is the star in this recipe. I use it for MANY reasons and many recipes. It is so versatile! To learn more about making a healthy choice on Greek yogurts you can check out this post.
C’mon……tell me you don’t want to take a nice crunchy bite into that!!!
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 red or yellow peppers, tops cut off* or use large tomatoes, insides scooped out
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl mix your dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl add all other ingredients, combine with dressing.
- Add one cup of chicken salad to each pepper or tomato half.
Check this post to see how I packed this as a MEAL -TO-GO!
Other recipes you might like: