This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A beautiful and hearty salad with a Greek style flare! This recipe is perfect for company as a side dish or even a main dish salad over a bed of mixed greens and more veggies.
Wonderful for vegetarians and those who are gluten free, but especially helpful for regular families as well! If you try to serve meatless meals to your family on Mondays as is the common theme these days, they will certainly not notice the lack of meat in this yummy salad!
You can make this with white quinoa, red or this wonderful tri-color mixture I found at Trader Joe’s. Taste is still delicious and for me not much of a difference in flavor compared to typical white quinoa, but it surely is pretty and rustic don’t you think?
Other Meatless Meals you might enjoy:
- Kale Pear Blue Cheese salad
- Zucchini Ricotta Whole Wheat Pie
- Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Frittata
- Pomegranate Sweet Potato Quinoa
- Roasted Asparagus Mushroom Onion Pizza
- Quick Italian Marinara Sauce
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Meatless Monday: Greek Style Tri-Color Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa tri-color, red or white
- 1/4 cup crumbled light feta cheese
- 1/4 cup or 12 pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame soy beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium sized pot and add quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to a serving bowl and stir to coat with dressing.
- Once quinoa is cool, add to the serving bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve over a bed of fresh kale, mixed greens or romaine.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7*
Pour 2 cups of water into a medium sized pot and add quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all water is absorbed. Set aside to cool. Add remaining ingredients to a serving bowl and stir to coat with dressing. Once quinoa is cool, add to the serving bowl. Add salt and pepper to your liking. . Serve over a bed of fresh kale, mixed greens or romaine. Makes 4 cups