Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting made low carb, gluten free, grain free and with just 3 fabulous ingredients!
Hands down friends this is one of the tastiest, easiest, sugar free frostings I've ever made.
Simple with just 3 ingredients and you could probably make this dairy free as well by simply subbing the butter I used for coconut oil or a vegan butter.
I'm all about simple in the summer months when I want to be outside with my family, not in the kitchen cooking and baking. I need easy and I want quick but tasty. You always need a good recipe for frosting cookies and cake. When I made my Sugar Free Low Carb Chocolate Crazy Cake I originally made it with a dairy free whipped chocolate frosting, but the hubby of mine likes buttercream better, as do my kids. THEY loved this frosting!
Be careful, you could just eat this with a spoon and by the time you notice what is happening the bowl might be empty, just saying as that has never happened in my house with 3 kids and I sharing or anything. never. 😉
I brought this Chocolate Crazy Cake and new recipe fro Chocolate Frosting to my cousins house one night as a thank you for having us for dinner and it was a hit! Her young son kept going back in the kitchen for a another lick of the frosting with his finger, so cute!
Please note if you use something other than powdered Swerve then you may want to start with just a half cup. Most other granulated sweeteners I've found are much sweeter than Swerve. So start with less because you can always add more if needed.
Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 8 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 cup powdered Swerve sweetener or sugar free sub of choice
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips I use Lily's Sweets brand
- Add butter and Swerve to a stand mixer and blend on high until incorporated.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted.
- Stir chips until smooth.
- While stand mixer is on low speed, carefully pour melted chocolate chips into stand mixer.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl then bend again until smooth.
- Does not need refrigeration if using to frost that day. If you do refrigerate, it will need some time to come to room temperature in order to spread it smoothly. You could also microwave for a 30 seconds to a minute to soften if needed.