These scrumptious Sugar-Free Paleo Maple Tea Donuts are nut free, dairy free, gluten free, grain free and even keto and low carb!
Low Carb Donuts
Fall is a special time of year for our family and always provides some wonderful opportunities for spending quality time together. Apple picking, corn mazes and pumpkin carving are a tradition for us every fall and often ends in sitting around the table together to enjoy a meal or snack.
Donuts were often a special weekend treat my parents would get for us growing up. Now that I don't eat those carb filled sugar filled donuts and don't want my kids eating them either, creating a low carb but nut free version was important to me. Dairy free became a necessity for my daughter recently so she could also enjoy these. With a perfect combination of coconut and sesame flours as the flavor of brewed tea, these maple tea donuts have all the warm fall flavors and amazing soft spongey texture.
As a mother of 3 I try my best to create special memories my kids will cherish when they become adults and have children. Being a sugar-free food blogger, I am constantly reinventing traditional recipes to make them healthier for myself and my family. My kids are getting accustomed to what unique twist I will make from a classic recipe and today's recipe is no different.
I doubt there are many kids who've never been to a donut shop and haven't tried a traditional donut so the taste of one is probably something they've enjoyed. Taking a comfort kind of food like this and reimagining it into a guilt free one is most likely not something kids might be too excited about. Except of course, once they taste them. Then their minds will be blown!
My kids were super surprised and thrilled with these donuts and were almost in shock at how good they were! Reinventing a carb laden donut with a gluten, grain, and sugar free one might not get you too excited, but if you've been following my blog long enough, you know this is how I work.
Don't need a dairy free donut recipe? Maybe a pumpkin flavored donut might be more what you're looking for! Try these Pumpkin Spice Donuts for a nice treat and they also have a paleo option as well!
Even the optional frosting glaze is sugar free and dairy free! The BEST part about these donuts is using Lipton Cold Brew! No boiling needed, just steep a few minutes and the rest just goes in the mixer! It's quick and easy and your family will most certainly thank you!
Other Maple Recipes you might enjoy:
Sugar-Free Keto Paleo Maple Tea Donuts
Sugar-Free Paleo Maple Tea Donuts
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 cold brew tea bag
- ½ cup coconut flour or 52 grams
- ½ cup sesame flour or 52 grams
- ½ cup Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia
- 4 ounces canned coconut milk chilled
- ¼ cup Lakanto Maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steep the tea bag in water for 5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, whisk the coconut flour, sesame flour, sugar sub, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a stand mixer, add the eggs, oil, maple extract and liquid stevia.
- Squeeze out the tea bag and discard then pour the tea into the mixer.
- Blend on high until combined then add in the dry ingredients and blend until incorporated.
- Grease 2 donut pans and spread the batter evenly to make 8 donuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Mix the optional glaze together in a bowl and spread over each donut if desired.
- Best if kept refrigerated.