It’s a brand new year and many of you asked for more healthy crock pot recipes!! Here’s one of many ,more to come!
This recipes uses left over turkey breast you probably have tucked away in your freezer. But even if not you can use chopped raw turkey breast and it will cook up nicely with all the wonderful veggies and rice. A perfectly delicious soup for a cold wintery day or night!
Use whatever kind of rice you like here. I used a rice medley I found at Trader Joe’s which had a mix of haiga medium grain, white basmati, red & quick cook wild rice. It was delish! Due to the wild rice in there my soup needed a good 8 hours to be tender. Brown rice would work wonderful here.
Top with some fresh parsley and a little grated Parmesan and enjoy!
Other crock pot recipes you might like:
- Crock Pot Beef Burgundy
- Crock Pot Low Fat White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Style Chicken
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2cups cooked chopped turkey breast
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- optional topping: 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook shallots, garlic, carrots, and celery stirring frequently until veggies are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme and cook about a minute more.
- Add all the ingredients to a large crock pot.
- Cook 6-8 hours on high until rice is tender.
- Top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.