A fudgey chocolate chip cookie without flour? Is it possible? You better believe it! Perfect for those who have grain allergies or are gluten free.
These can be made in 10 minutes and baked in 10 so you’ve got a great recipe you can easily pop in the oven for whenever friends stop by unexpected or you have all the neighborhood kiddies visiting at your house OR you just need a little chocolate.
This was the 3rd attempt at making these so I’m finally happy with the results and my family was too. If it doesn’t pass their taste test then I don’t share it of course!
Using a small cookie scooper is a bit easier to form cookies of the same size which will allow then to all be cooked at the same time.
- You can substitute the olive oil for coconut oil, although I have not tried the recipe with it.
- You can eliminate the chocolate chips to reduce the sugar. Enjoy Life are allergy friendly for my boys with nut and soy allergies and sweetened with evaporated cane juice.
- If you can find grain sweetened chocolate chips that are sweetened with barley malt that would be a good choice. You could also use sugar-free chocolate chips but that is sweetened usually with malitol and other artificial sweeteners.
- Carob chips are another chocolate chip alternative as they are sweetened with beet sugar and are also sold unsweetened. Carob is naturally sweet so unsweetened still have a slight sweetness to them.
- You could also make your own Homemade Chocolate Chunks (Dairy &Sugar free) although I have not tried them in this recipe as of yet.
- If you are gluten free, be sure your rolled oats are certified as gluten free as well.
- UPDATE 11/2013: I have finally found a SUGAR-FREE chocolate chip at Whole Foods by the brand Lily’s, sweetened with stevia and no aftertaste, just delicious!
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons 1 teaspoon 1 tablespoon pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips like the brand Lily's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil, vanilla extract and vanilla stevia together.
- Whisk in powdered stevia and salt until absorbed and no clumps.
- Add in cocoa powder and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips until all the oats are coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop cookie batter onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until slightly hardened to touch.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 3*