One bite of this crust-less pumpkin custard and you will be in awe! The delicious taste of pumpkin pie yet none of the high calories or fat!
Thanks to a reader who loved my Apple Custard recipe and suggested I try it with pumpkin, this recipe was born. I did make a few changes so it is not dairy free as the yummy apple custard recipe, but it can be! Just replace the milk I used with almond milk.
Add some Dairy Free Whipped Cream on top or leave it without out, but be sure to chill it! Tastes much better than warm since I tried it both ways of course.
It’s the perfect little portion made in 7 ounce ramekins. Of course even if you decide to eat two, ( because they are so good!) the amazingly low calories won’t kill your calorie budget for the day!
Made without artificial sweeteners and only natural stevia, no aftertaste is evident at all. In fact my super picky husband and oldest son actually LOVED this custard, LOVED it!
If you are allergic to stevia, I would suggest adding in 1/4 cup of honey instead or use Sucanat which is a healthier less refined type of sugar. Read more about my Top 3 Refines Sugar-Free Sweeteners here.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 76
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 56mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin
- ½ cup milk ( I used 1%)
- 4 beaten eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- Optional toppings: Dairy Free Whipped Cream, Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6 ramekin or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and stevia.
- Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Best served cold. Top with dairy free whipped cream! Sprinkle with more nutmeg!
Interested in making this into A Healthier Pumpkin Pie? I’ve done it, check this recipe: Healthier Pumpkin Pie Low Calorie & Low Sugar!
Other recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- Mini Whole Wheat Chocolate Pumpkin Breads
- Apple Custard : Dairy & Gluten Free
- Healthier Pumpkin Pie: Low Calorie & Low Sugar
Want a great gift for the Holidays? You can buy my cookbook for yourself or friends and family at a pre order discount right now on Amazon! Soon to be released on Dec.9th!