No bake cookies ROCK, plain and simple! Most no bake cookies have peanut butter in them to bind them, these don’t. Perfect for a family with nut allergies! Made with delicious coconut butter, honey and rolled oats. it’s a perfect way to make a quick cookie for company or the family on any day without heating the oven in warm weather.
They take some time to set up in the fridge so freezing is a quicker way to get to eat these up when you don’t have patience to wait. Below you’ll find some notes on substitutions and linked within the ingredients the place to purchase some of the products I use.
The first time I made these they were dry but the taste was outstanding! So I adjusted and decided to moisten them with the use of dairy butter. My family loved them even the picky hubby.
If you don’t make cookies often in your house, these will be the ones to make when you do. Super easy and no baking required!
- I have tried this recipe using a full cup of coconut butter and no dairy butter and they were tasty but dry. You could try replacing the butter used for coconut oil.
- You can use whatever milk you like to replace the 1%.
- You could eliminate the vanilla stevia but they will be only mildly sweet.
- Left on counter they will start to soften to the touch. They won’t fall apart, but they will be slightly sticky. I suggest keeping them refrigerated until ready to serve.
- You could try replacing the coconut butter used for peanut butter but since my boys are allergic I have not tried this so I can not say for sure they will hold together.
- If you are gluten free, make sure your oats are certified and labeled gluten free.
- Melt coconut butter in microwave for 30 seconds intervals until it is soft enough to spoon amount into a bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine coconut butter, butter and honey and microwave 1 minute until mixture is soft enough to be combined well when stirred. [You can also just melt mixture over low heat in a pot on the stove.]
- In another bowl whisk milk and cocoa powder together until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and stevia to chocolate mixture.
- Mix both wet ingredients together until combined well then add the oats and stir to coat them well.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment. Freeze or refrigerate until set. Keep refrigerated.
Other recipes you might like:
- Fudgey Flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Fudgey Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- No Bake Cocoa Quinoa Sesame Bars