This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
What’s better than making a healthy and nutritious bar without any processed junk in it that you and your family will enjoy? NOTHING in my humble opinion!
Yes, we all have different tastes in families, but most everyone loves the flavor of cocoa! Even if your kids or you don’t like quinoa, you won’t even know it’s in there!
My oldest picky “almost teen” loved these bars. Made especially for my boys with nut allergies so they could enjoy them. Even my daughter who doesn’t have a nut allergy likes them too. I on the other hand LOVE them! That they contain the healthy protein filled seed, QUINOA makes me super happy! Made with honey and coconut butter this recipe is amazing, even better that it’s no bake too. 🙂
Recently you’ve seen something similar to these if you follow my blog or subscribe to receiving my recipes via email. It all started when my daughter received her American Girl doll magazine and she made a no bake peanut butter granola bar that were fantastic! So I adapted them and shared them as, No Bake Chewy Cocoa Granola Bars that are nut free. Substituting the cereal I used for Quinoa, make these a winning recipe and tastes just as good.
One difference in those bars and these is that I used regular honey. I prefer using creamed honey which is thicker and will make the bars more hand-able but regular honey works here fine. Keep them refrigerated though, as once quinoa is cooked it needs refrigeration and they will be good for up to a week!
Other recipes you might like:
- Cocoa Baked Quinoa Bars: Gluten & Dairy free
- No Bake Chewy Cocoa Granola Bars: Refined Sugar, Gluten & Nut Free
- Fruity Baked Quinoa: Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free
- Oat & Fruit Breakfast Bar: Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Grain & Nut free
- Whole Wheat Berry Crumb Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Parfait
- Fudgey Flourless Chocolate Brownies: Gluten, Sugar, Dairy free
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
No Bake Cocoa Quinoa Sesame Bars [Gluten, Nut, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free]
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup dry rolled oats use gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia or 2 packets
- 1/3 cup softened coconut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or creamed honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl stir together the first 8 ingredients until well blended.
- In a separate microwaveable bowl add the coconut butter, honey, and vanilla. Melt for 1 minute and stir completely until well incorporated.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper hanging over opposite sides. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Spread to edges and press down with a spatula to even off the top.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Lift by parchment paper onto a cutting board.
- Slice into squares or bars.
- Wrap individually to store.
- Keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 5*