Pumpkin pie flavor in a flaky, tasty scone with or without chocolate chips! A little indulgent yes, wonderful on occasions, yes again! A few more calories and fat than I normally post, but well worth it my friends, your family will love these!
This recipe is a little adaption from my Clean Eating Strawberry scones. I’ve eliminated the sucanat sweetener all together so these are simple with stevia. If you don’t have stevia then go ahead and use the 1 cup of sucanat like in the strawberry scone recipe.
Mix up the dough, flatten as above, use an oiled pizza slicer to make 8 triangles then separate with a spatula, easy peasy. And they bake in only about 15-20 minutes!
My family LOVED these! I think your will too!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- 5 tablespoons cold, butter cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk of choice, I used 1%.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I use sugar-free by the brand Lily's)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and stevia in a large bowl.
- Using two butter knives, cut the butter in the flour mixture until pieces of butter are coated with flour the size of peas.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and mix the milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl then pour into the well.
- Stir in pumpkin till combined.
- Gently add in chocolate chips if using.
- Gently stir the dough and form a ball.
- Flour your hands and dust your clean counter surface with flour.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and knead a few times.
- Transfer the dough to the lined baking sheet and shape it into about an 8 inch circle.
- Using as oiled pizza cutter, slice the dough into 8 triangles.
- Use a spatula to separate the wedges.
- Bake the scones until they are golden brown about 15-18 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then carefully slide them on to a wire rack to cool for another 10 minutes before serving.