This Easy Low Carb Cocktail Sauce comes together in a minute in your blender and contains no added sugar and just 5 ingredients!
When it comes to holiday parties, hands down, Shrimp Cocktail is a much loved favorite! Even my kids love it and it’s one of the easiest appetizers you can have for a party.
If you’re a pro at reading nutrition labels, I’m sure you’ve seen by now, pretty much any condiment you want to buy on shelves today, contain some form of sugar. Often you need to look at specialty health store or online to find products that are truly sugar free.
I’ve done my share of label reading and often many of the sugar free products you can purchase are super expensive. Yes the convenience is wonderful when time is limited, but this recipe today will win you over at how quick but delicious it is.
If you don’t have time to make my sugar free ketchup or homemade salsa then use the links in the recipe to find them online, but those are also quick recipes that take little of your time in the kitchen. Every Christmas Eve my Italian mom makes use the 7 Fish dinner and I am in charge or bringing my Grandmother’s Butterballs and Shrimp Cocktail.
The best part about making cocktail sauce at home is how much you can control the spice. Always start with a little hot sauce and increase as you like. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away if it’s too spicy!
- While the recipe does not include any sugar added, there are natural sugars in tomatoes within the salsa and ketchup which is why you see 1 gram in the nutrition info.
- Read labels when purchasing store bought salsa as many do in fact include sugar.
- Serves: 16
- Serving size: 1 ounce
- Calories: 20
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 149mg
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Add everything to your high powered blender and pulse 3-4 times or until desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust spice and salt if needed.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.