Roasted Salt & Pepper Radish Chips are a wonderful low carb side dish or snack!
Have I ever told you I hate radishes?
Always have. Problem is, hubby loves them.
Maybe the hate part is a bit aggressive, but I have never liked them and I have tried.
Kind of funny then to share a recipe about roasted radishes right?
Not really. Gotta please my hubby who loves them. But I will let you in on a little secret today.
I LOVE THEM ROASTED!!
HATE them raw, but seriously love them roasted! I don’t know what happens when they get roasted like this, but perhaps the “bite” when raw is decreased and that makes them drool worthy for me. Especially when adding oil and spices like in this recipe.
You will notice some get more crisp than others in these pics and that’s because the outer on the edges of the pan get roasted first.
I don’t mind a variety of textures so I spread them out all over. If you want them all pretty crisp like this, just spread them out along the 4 edges of the pan then watch carefully so they don’t burn.
Just another fun way to enjoy a veggie you may never have liked.
Another way to enjoy a “chip” that’s low in carbs too!
Another way to use up that bag of radishes the hubby brought home. 😉
- I tried these in my dehydrator the first time and while very crisp and wonderful, they really shrunk up, but they were crispier than in the oven for sure.
- I like chips salty so if you aren’t much of a salt fan, use just 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper and taste and adjust as needed.
- Some won’t be as crispy as others if roasting them in the middle of the pan. Try to keep them along the 4 edges of the pan, but watch carefully as they can tend to burn depending on how thinly you sliced the radishes. I sliced mine by hand, but the thinner you slice the crispier they get.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1/4th
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2g
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 304mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 16 ounce fresh radishes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thinly slice radishes or use a mandolin, place in a bowl.
- Toss with oil.
- Lay radishes onto two baking sheets, don't overlap.
- Whisk the salt and pepper together then sprinkle over the slices.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.