This Easy Low Carb Chia Seed Pudding has all the flavors of a familiar Almond Joy yet none of the sugar and carbs! The best part? No baking required for this dessert!
What makes a fantastic tasty and satisfying afternoon snack? One that obviously includes chocolate and of course some good fats and fiber that will satiate you. This pudding has all those ingredients making it one of those snacks you’ll want to make ever week, whether to curb your hunger between meals or an after dinner dessert!
If you’re new around here and unfamiliar with chia seeds, here are the facts:
- They’re an excellent source of Omega 3 Fatty acids which helps raise your HDL (good) cholesterol.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- They are high in fiber making you feel full for longer and helps keep bowel regularity.
- Great source of protein in just one ounce.
Once added to water they start to thicken and form a gel like texture which is wonderful for puddings like this recipe, for thickening gravies or soups and even to substitute for an egg in a recipe if you need.
But today’s recipe comes from my friend Kyndra’s new cookbook, Craveable Keto!
It is full of amazing low carb, keto recipes that keep you happy and satisfied. That’s what my goal has always been on my journey of sugar free, low carb eating is to never feel deprived or like I’m sacrificing on taste having to forgo sugar and carbs. I highly recommend getting your hands on this cookbook!
Not only did I make this chia pudding, I even made the Dry Barbecue Rub Rib recipe for Super Bowl Sunday and they were incredible! My family devoured them! Get that recipe over on Kyndra’s blog, Peace Love and Low Carb!
- The only thing I changed to Kyndra’s recipe is that instead of adding some optional chocolate chips over the top I added some melted sugar free chocolate and some sugar free whipped cream as well.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Keto Almond Joy Chia Pudding
This Recipe is from Kyndra Holley's new cookbook, Craveable Keto shared with permission.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds crushed
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
Combine the milk, 1/4 cup coconut flakes, cocoa powder, erythritol, and vanilla in a blender. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the chia seeds and whisk vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the pudding into 4 individual serving bowls or cups and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Top with almonds, remaining 1/4 cup coconut flakes, and chocolate chips, if desired, before serving.