Red, White and Blue Dessert pizza perfect for the 4th of July made sugar-free with a gluten free cookie crust!
Did you ever make something you’ve been wanting to try for a long time but when you finally did you were like, “why in the world did I wait so long?” Making a dessert pizza has been on my mind forever, but just never got around to making one. I finally had the perfect occasion this past week to share this 4th of July dessert! We were attending a cook out for the beginning of our summer program for the cub scouts. What better way to have some taste testers than a ton of kids and parents right? I prepared the dough in the morning. Let it cool, decorated it, took some pics in the afternoon and plopped it in the fridge with plastic wrap over it until the evening. Easy peasy!
I’m pleased to report making it ahead and storing it in the fridge already prepared worked out just fine. The dough was perfect as were the berries and cream. The taste testers loved it! Even the parents who many are not gluten free or sugar free raved about it. We came home with just 3 pieces left. I’d say that’s a win!
The dough is super simple and holds up perfectly to anything you want to place on it. It was easy to cut and pick up and enjoy. Perfect finger food for a party!
Obviously this doesn’t have to be decorated like a flag but since the 4th of July is approaching I thought it quite festive.
Make sure to grease the pan well or the dough will stick. Yes I did bring it to cub scouts with a piece missing. I had to take it’s pic and had to taste it myself to make sure it was good.
- In hindsight I think sliced cherries would look better because they are more equal in size. Either are delicious though!
- You can still make this recipe if you don’t have any erythritol or liquid stevia, here’s my conversion chart.
- The natural occurring sugar grams are from the fresh fruit and cream used.
- I used Bob’s Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour.
- If you don’t need to use gluten free flour you can sub whole wheat flour and remove the xanthan gum.
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 yolks
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons milk, 1%
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 cup blueberries
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a stand mixer beat the first 8 ingredients together until smooth.
- Whisk the flour with the xanthan gum then slowly pour it into the wet ingredients in the stand mixer until a dough forms.
- Grease a baking sheet then spread the dough out onto the sheet by hand or use a rolling pin.
- Bake 10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool before adding topping.
- To make whipped cream, beat the heavy cream with the vanilla liquid stevia until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over the crust and decorate with berries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.