Mint Chocolate Cheesecake mousse brings you the best flavors of cheesecake and mousse for an ultra creamy, but still low carb and sugar free dessert!
Chocolate is undeniably a classic Valentine’s day treat and with it being just a few days away this recipe is an easy one to make for your loves as no baking is required! They will think you worked extremely hard when you present them with this luscious mousse although it is far from the truth. But I won’t tell anyone and neither should you, just smile and come back and tell me later how they liked it. 🙂
Combining chocolate, mint and cream cheese makes for an very decadent mousse that you and your love can enjoy together or keep it all to yourself! Of course if you’re not a mint fan that is an easy one to fix. Just leave it out!! Chocolate Cheesecake mousse is still spectacular or try it with orange extract for a citrus twist!
I adapted this recipe from my Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse I brought you back in the fall. Since that was such a big hit with all of you, I knew I had to adapt it into a chocolate version for Valentine’s. I can’t decide which I like better, they both are sugar-free, low carb and delicious!
Low in carbs and sugar but higher in fat than many recipes, it is for Valentine’s after all. A little indulging is necessary!
Notes: You can most likely make this dairy free using coconut cream and coconut milk as I did for the Pumpkin Mousse version that I made dairy free.
Other Valentine Recipes you might enjoy:
- Valentine Coconut Hearts
- Peppermint Patties
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Valentine Peanut Butter Hearts
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Candy Bars
- Mini Peanut Butter or Nut Butter cups
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 3 ounces
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 22.1g
- Saturated fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Sugar: .1g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 full droppers peppermint stevia
- 4 ounces cream cheese, low fat, softened, room temp
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Optional: unsweetened cacao nibs
- In a stand mixer beat cream, extract and stevia until peaks form.
- Blend in cream cheese and cocoa until combined.
- Pipe into 4 servings dishes (1/3 cup each) and top with cacao nibs if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
The Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook has been Released!! Hitting shelves in days and Amazon is selling it at a discount right now!