These Keto Cheez Its are delicious little squares of cheesy crackers and a much healthier version for homemade cheez its! They are a Gluten Free, Low Carb, Almond Flour FREE copycat recipe! Perfect snack time treat the whole family will enjoy! These homemade Cheese Crackers truly taste just like Cheez-Its! Perfect for a keto diet, low-carb diet and gluten-free diet!
Keto Cheez It Crackers
A favorite snack I used to love before going keto, sugar free and low carb, was Cheez-It crackers! Today friends I give you my copycat keto gluten-free version of these delicious cheese crackers made without nut flours, without gluten, or grains, and keto, easy and all YUM!
These crunchy crackers have been on my mind for a long long time. I've attempted so many versions to try to get just the right texture and that traditional crunch factor that I almost gave up!
But as my kids have seen and watched me over the years, sometimes 3 times isn't the charm, it's more like 4 or 5 times is the charm in my house. This 5th attempt equals divine deliciousness.
How to Make Keto Cheese Crackers
While typical fat head dough takes a bit of time to melt the cheese then incorporate all the remaining ingredients, I have simplified this recipe by using the food processor.
This is one of the best ideas I have ever had to simply place all ingredients into the food processor and then roll it out.
It has worked fabulously for my other fat head dough recipes as well, like my Strawberry Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls.
Once the dough has processed, you easily roll dough between a piece of parchment paper, lay on a cookie sheet pan, slice into tiny squares with a pastry cutter or pizza cutter, and add that hole in the center and then bake!
To see the exact measurements, print the full recipe with instructions and nutritional information, please go to the very bottom of the blog post where you will see the recipe card.
Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
Cream cheese that has been softened or room temperature
Butter, softened. I use salted butter but feel free to use unsalted if you prefer.
Smoked paprika is delicious, but regular paprika will also work fine.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
Flatten dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Cover with another piece of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to spread out 14 by 9 inches. Score with a pizza cutter, into 1-inch squares. Total was 126 crackers.
Poke a hole in center of each cracker if desired.
Sprinkle coarse sea salt over crackers if desired.
Bake 15 minutes then score again and try your best to separate crackers without tearing them.
Bake another 5-10 minutes until browned and crisp. Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
Tools to Make Keto Cheese Cracker Recipe
Food Processor- Using this method to add all ingredients and process, is one of the easiest and quickest ways to work with fat head dough to make keto cheese crackers.
Baking sheet pan- Add some parchment paper to make your clean up even easier on this sheet pan.
Pizza Cutter- This is the best way to score the cheese crackers before they bake or use a very sharp knife.
Rolling Pin- Must have item to truly get these real cheese crackers to become a delicious snack that is truly crunchy cheesy goodness!
How Many Carbs in Keto Gluten-Free Cheez Its?
You can enjoy 14 keto crispy crackers for just 2 net carbs!
- The first time I tested this recipe, I included almost half of the cheese amount using grated parmesan. They just didn't look like cheez-its, I wanted that nice color so I went with all cheddar jack on my further attempts.
- If you're into other spices go ahead and change out what you like, maybe even some chili powder, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- If you can't find Cheddar Jack cheese, sharp cheddar or regular cheddar cheese is fine and then shred it.
These are worth the trouble to roll dough as thin as you can, I promise you!
Crispy Gluten Free Cheez Its
Crunchy, salty, perfect little zippy flavor of some spices and you've got an awesome little snack on your hands, quite literally!
It was my kids idea to add coarse salt on top before baking and the hole in them to make them look identical to the classic "Cheez-It" cracker. What do you think?
My youngest son could not wait to get his hands on this dish and run away with them. He happily obliged to holding this little bowl while I snapped some pics.
These keto cheese crackers are a super simple easy recipe to make, but I'm not going to lie, it's an arm work out to get the dough rolled out thin enough to make these crisp. Just do it. You'll thank me later.
More Keto Gluten Free Cracker Recipes
Gluten Free Keto Cheez Its
Gluten Free Keto Cheez Its ( Low Carb)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Flatten dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with another piece of parchment and use a rolling pin to spread out 14 by 9 inches.
- Score with a pizza cutter, 1 inch squares. Total was 126 crackers. Poke a hole in center of each cracker if desired.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over crackers if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes then score again and try your best to separate crackers without tearing them. Bake another 5-10 minutes until browned and crisp. Cool completely then store in an air tight container.