This slow cooker keto turkey rice soup is a warm comforting meal on a cold day or any day!
After the holidays is the perfect time to make a keto turkey soup! If you have any left over turkey from Christmas or Thanksgiving you probably have tucked away in your freezer, thaw it now to make this comforting bowl of soup. But even if not, you can use chopped raw turkey breast and it will cook up nicely with all the wonderful veggies and miracle rice. A perfectly delicious soup for a cold wintery day or night!
Shiritayki (Miracle) Rice or Cauliflower Rice
I chose miracle rice for this recipe, but cauliflower rice would be just as tasty, although it would add more to your total carb count per serving. If you've never tried this rice before, it is a zero calorie food that is derived from the Konjac yam. The fiber that comes from the root of this plant is called glucommanon. This is a starch that is an indigestible dietary fiber and therefore they have no calories or carbohydrate.
Miracle rice doesn't have much of a flavor, but when combined in this soup it takes on the flavors of the broth and veggies and makes you feel you aren't missing anything on your keto or low carb diet. I like this brand of miracle rice.
Meal Plan Membership
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you will love my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Top with some fresh parsley and a little grated Parmesan if you like and enjoy!
Other crock pot recipes you might like:
Slow Cooker Keto Turkey Kale Soup
Slow Cooker Keto Turkey Kale Rice Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive
- ½ cup shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups turkey cooked, chopped
- 4 cup turkey broth or chicken or bone broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup miracle rice
- 4 cups kale stems removed, chopped or 100 grams
- optional topping: ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook shallots, garlic, carrots, and celery stirring frequently until veggies are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme and cook about a minute more.
- Add all the ingredients, except miracle rice to a large crock pot.
- Cook 3-4 hours on high until kale is soft. Rinse miracle rice well and drain then add to pot the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.