Low Carb Keto Almond Ricotta Cake is a delicious and simple gluten free cake recipe!
THE BEST RICOTTA CAKE
If you're from an Italian heritage you will most certainly know about using ricotta cheese in desserts. If you're not familiar and have only used ricotta cheese for savory meals like lasagna, then you are in for a treat!
Traditional Italian ricotta cake is made with almonds and ricotta cheese making it tender, dense and easily made with very simple directions. Combining lemon zest and almond extract turns this basic cake recipe up a notch. Delicate and delicious for company or any weeknight dessert after dinner!
EASY KETO RICOTTA CAKE
The reason this ricotta cake recipe is so easy is that you don't need any specialty ingredients and it comes together so quickly. If you're a low carb baker then you have all these ingredients in your keto pantry already. You don't even need baking powder since this cake is meant to be a dense type of cake. This has got to be on elf the easiest recipes to adapt for a ketogenic diet and my own mother and father felt it tasted just as good as they remember from childhood!
ALMOND FLOUR OR ALMOND MEAL
I chose to use almond flour here because of its very fine texture and light color. You could also use almond meal, but you will have a darker colored cake. Almond meal is made by grinding the whole almond with skins on, while almond flour is made from blanched almonds with their skins removed.
Honestly I can't think of an easier baking recipe than this one if you're brand new to keto baking. Other recipes you might like are some of my no bake desserts, like my Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse or my No Bake Coffee Cheesecake!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
KETO ALMOND RICOTTA CAKE
Keto Almond Ricotta Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round spring form pan.
- To a stand mixer or a bowl using a handheld mixer, add the butter, ricotta, egg yolks, almond extract, Swerve, stevia and salt. Blend until combined.
- Next add the almond flour and lemon zest and blend again until incorporated. Set aside.
- Add your egg whites to a clean mixing bowl with cream of tartar. Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the almond mixture, then once combined fold in the remaining.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the edges are golden and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then use a butter knife to lossen edges before removing sides of spring form pan. Allow to cool completely the dust with Swerve confectioners to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refirgerator for up to 5 days.