This Low Carb Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage is made quickly in the Instant Pot or slow cooked in the Crock Pot with directions for both!
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Whether you are Irish or not, when St.Patrick's day comes around during the month of March, Corned Beef and Cabbage can be found in abundance in all supermarkets.
Being Italian we never ate corned beef and cabbage, but once I met my husband and married 19 years ago, it was a must for him and I fell in love with this tasty beef brisket.
This classic recipe for St.Patrick's day just needed a little tweak to make it lower in carbs. Just by removing the potatoes typically in this recipe, it lowers the carbs significantly. Of course if carbs are not a problem for you, just add them back into the veggies I've used here.
Even my kids who aren't too keen on boiled veggies enjoy eating this, of course they prefer a larger portion of the beef as opposed to the veggies, but it's all good to me.
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Some of you may not have an Instant Pot and that is certainly fine as I've provided directions for making this in a crock pot as well. Both taste equally delicious, but the Instant Pot cuts the cooking time down by half if you were making this on the stove top.
Whichever method you choose to use to cook this scrumptious meal, I'm sure you won't have any complaints from the family. It's tasty and comforting!
Even my picky hubby who is a meat and potatoes man but recently is eating lower carb, didn't complain there were no potatoes in this. That is a little miracle to me to be honest with you!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Instant Pot Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage
Instant Pot Low Carb Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 cabbage cut into wedges or 8 cups
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 cup carrots sliced into thirds
- 1 cup celery stalks chopped
- Place beef brisket into the pot. Discard the spice packet that comes with the meat.
- Cover the beef with water, add more to cover if needed.
- Add the spices into the pot.
- Cover and set on "Meat/Stew" for 60 minutes on high.
- Hit Cancel then use the Natural Release method, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover carefully, watch for steam, remove brisket and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and press "Soup" setting for 15 minutes.
- Use the "Quick" Release method.
- Uncover and add the beef back to the pot to warm through.
- Enjoy immediately!
Crock Pot Directions:
- Add all ingredients into the crock pot except the cabbage. Make sure the meat is fat side up.
- Cook on low 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In the last hour add the cabbage.