This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Bites are a delicious way to enjoy the favorite flavors of typical pizza without all the carbs!
Here’s a great appetizer for a party or just a nice meatless dinner idea for the family. Eggplant slices topped with the favorite flavors of sauce and cheese! Quick and easy and certainly customizable as well.
Fresh chopped basil over the sauce before adding the cheese give these mini pizzas a nice fresh taste. Feel free to add your favorite toppings. Keeping it simple works for me, how about you?
One cup of mozzarella cheese is used for the entire recipe and really that’s not much when you have 12 little pizzas here. You could always add more if you like.
You can enjoy 3 of these for under 200 calories, not bad at all!
My kids aren’t fans of eggplant but of course enjoy pizza from time to time. I have whole wheat pizza crusts recipes on the blog, but have yet to make a gluten free pizza crust recipe. When I had some eggplant from my garden I knew I wanted to experiment with them and this is what I came up. Hubby and I enjoyed them happily!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Bites
- 1 medium eggplant 12, half inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a cooling wire rack onto a large baking pan.
- Use a pastry brush to brush oil over the tops of each eggplant slice.
- Add seasonings to each slice on both sides.
- Bake slices for 10 minutes.
- Spread sauce over the slices and add Parmesan evenly over each slice.
- Sprinkle basil over each and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake another 5- 10 minutes.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*
Other recipes you might like:
- Grain Free Low Carb Cheesy “Bread” Sticks
- Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- Grilled Arugula Romano Pizza
- Asparagus Mushroom Whole Wheat Pizza