This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Classic Peanut Butter Cookies got a “Better-For-You” make over! Keto, Gluten Free, Sugar-Free, and Low Carb plus easy to make!
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate
The holidays are coming and that means lots of shopping, cooking and baking! Let’s face it though, the holidays can also mean lots of stress, but the baking shouldn’t be. When you’ve got some fool proof cookies in your arsenal you won’t be stressing at all this holiday season!
Sugar Free Chocolate Kiss
Everyone is busy and it seems there isn’t enough time to get everything done in a day during the holiday season. Baking holiday cookies and goodies for family and friends shouldn’t be something that consumes all your time.
This easy, delicious and classic recipe for peanut butter blossoms is just what you need to add to your list for stress free baking. It’s just one of those recipes everyone loves and looks forward to seeing on the holiday dessert table. With a little improvising for the sugar free chocolate center instead of the classic chocolate kiss, you won’t get any complaints from anyone once they try these better-for-you traditional cookie.
The cookie itself is gluten free and grain free and comes together quite easily with just a few ingredients. A little melting, a bit of stirring and just 10 minutes of baking time, these can be prepped and made in under 30 minutes.
You’ve heard the phrase, “Butter makes everything better” right? Well even if you haven’t, it sure holds true in this recipe. Salted butter is just what’s needed to take ordinary peanut butter into extraordinary soft, chewy, fudgey cookie!
These can be frozen for at least a month as long as they are carefully packaged after cooling and air tight. Make ahead then pack in a cute little holiday tin for teachers, friends and family as gifts.
I can’t think of another cookie that is more loved than this one, at least not among my extended family and friends.
They honestly will never even realize these are sugar-free when they taste them and you’ll be amazed at how less stressed you feel once you’ve made a batch ahead of the holiday rush.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Blossoms
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 4 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily's Sweets
- 2 tbsp butter salted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwavable bowl or in a small bowl set over simmering water, melt the butter and peanut butter together. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, stevia, and Swerve until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and stir until smooth.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out 20 cookies and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a rounded 1/4 tsp and push the bottom of the teaspoon in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use the teaspoon again to the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate chips and butter together, stir until smooth. Mine took 1 minute in microwave.
- Spoon chocolate into the center of each cookie. Allow to set or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
This recipe was first posted in November 2016 and updated in November 2018 with video.