These easy Paleo Keto Chicken Nuggets are fantastic for any night of the week for the family. These are picky kid approved and I've provided an air fryer option to cook as well! Just 4 main ingredients plus spices and you've got a delicious batch of chicken nuggets to enjoy or prep ahead and freeze if you prefer.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets aren't just for kids. If you love easy recipes that require just a few ingredients and that the whole family will eat, this recipe is for you! After I posted my recipe for myOven Fried Cheesy Chicken Nuggets everyone went wild and loved them. The only problem is that since that recipe contains cheese, many people who are dairy free, including my own daughter, could not enjoy them. I was determined to make these paleo chicken nuggets just as tasty and I have conquered and won! These nuggets are even easier then my orginial since I went with using already ground chicken instead of grinding chicken breast. Of course you can still do that if you prefer since it is less expensive then buying ground chicken. Either way, this recipe is a winner with my whole family and I believe you're going to love it as well.
Carnivore Chicken Nuggets
If you've not heard about the carnivore diet, it's simply a direction the keto diet movement has made. It's an elimination diet that really does help many who have autoimmune or other conditions, heal their body through simple eating of protein and salt. Some include dairy as well. This recipe can be carnivore by removing the seasonings I used and using full fat cream cheese. I've tested these keto chicken nuggets both ways, using regular cream cheese as well as using dairy free cream cheese to keep them paleo and both were successful.
Tools to Make Keto Chicken Nuggets
Stand Mixer- Using a stand mixer is efficient for these keto chicken nuggets because it helps blend everything so quickly.
Large Cookie Scooper-The batter will be sticky and soft so using a cookie scooper to drop the meat mixture into the outer coating is a great way to decrease having the mixture stick to your fingers. Once you drop in the meat mixture, roll it around a bit and coat it, then pat and shape into a nugget.
Baking Sheet Pan-You will need two large baking sheets for these since this paleo chicken nugget recipe makes over 2 dozen.
Meal Plan Membership
Make your life simpler and stress free by joining our meal plan membership on a month to month basis or pay for the discounted 1 year membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plans are sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Paleo Chicken Nuggets (Optional Carnivore)
Keto Paleo Chicken Nuggets (optional Carnivore)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 8 ounces dairy free cream cheese (I used Kitehill) For Carnivore- use full fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon onion powder optional for carnivore
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional for carnivore
- ¼ teaspoon paprika optional for carnivore
- ¼ teaspoon cayene pepper optional for carnivore
- 1 teaspoon sea salt I use Redmond's
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper optional for carnivore
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease two large baking sheet pans. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients, except the outer coating, into a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Blend until well combined. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Whisk the coating ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
- The mixture will be soft and sticky. Use a large cookie scoop or measure 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Drop and roll into the coating mixture and pat all around to coat the chicken and shape into a nugget.
- Make 28 nuggets. Bake 15 minutes, flip over and bake another 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
Air Fryer Option
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. You will need to cook in batches and place about 12 nuggets onto the grate of the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes then flip them over and cook another 5 minutes. Continue with remaining nuggets.