This Creamy, No Bake, Keto, Low Carb, Nut Free Samoa Pie is full of Caramel and Coconut flavors reminiscent of the classic Samoa girl scout cookie! It's gluten free and grain free as well!
No Bake Samoa Pie
No Bake recipes that are indulgent and perfect for a party or company make keto entertaining easy and enjoyable. This delicious nut-free, low carb chocolate pie crust is easily made in a food processor and pressed into a pie plate. The rest is whipped up in your mixer and layered together. The hardest part is to wait for it to set in the fridge!
Sugar Free Caramel Sauce
I'm not sure what made me create this concoction of a pie. It might have been having made my Microwave Caramel Sauce and wondering what else I could do with it or it might have been the coconut flakes I saw in my cupboard that needed to be used. Whatever it was that gave me this idea, it was fully loved by my entire family, picky hubby and all!
You don't have to make my caramel sauce, you could use something store bought, like Choczero Caramel syrup.
It is so heavenly and scrumptious you will have a hard time resisting one small piece.
But if you need a fabulous dessert to bring to a friends house then this will be loved by everyone, even the skeptical non low carb/sugar free friends!
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my computer keys! The caramel sauce takes this pie to another level!
Truly it's a one of a kind pie!
Other Pies you might like:
On another note, did you know I have a new meal planning feature on my website?You can now receive weekly low carb dinner meal plans in your email with shopping list and all you have to do is food shop!
The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren’t interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you’ll take advantage of it.
Right now my meal planning membership is 25% off, but that is for a limited time. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key.
Sugar Free Low Carb Samoa Pie
Sugar-Free Low Carb Samoa Pie
No Bake Chocolate Crust
- ½ cup sunflower seeds raw, unsalted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon butter soft
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Coconut flakes unsweetened, toasted
- 2 ounces my Microwave Salted Caramel Sauce or Choczero Caramel sauce
- 2 ounces Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips I used Lily's Sweets
- 3 teaspoon butter
- For the pie crust, place all ingredients into afood processorand process until smooth. Press into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Pour heavy cream and vanilla stevia into a stand mixeron high until whipped. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Set aside in another bowl.
- Using the paddle blade attachment of the mixer, place the cream cheese in the mixer. Blend on high until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream in by hand or on low add it into the stand mixer to combine with the cream cheese .
- Once smooth, spread into the pie crust.
- Make the topping by stirring together the coconut flakes and caramel sauce and spread evenly over the pie.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and butter together for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir well then drizzle over the coconut flake topping.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- If you don't want to make my caramel sauce, Choczero Caramel syrup is good too.
- There is no sugar added to this pie. The 1 gram you see is from the natural lactose in the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: While this pie is low carb and sugar free, it is not calorie free, it is not fat free. This is for a special occasion and not something I would indulge in but more than once a week. I must warn you, if you are trying to lose weight and this pie is in your fridge, you may have trouble with temptation. Take it to a friends house, enjoy a slice and leave it there, don't bring it home!
- You can eliminate the chocolate drizzle and it will still be heavenly!
- If you don't have nut allergies in the family you could swap the sunflower seeds with almonds or even use almond meal.
- You can see I've not added any other sweeteners since the homemade caramel sauce is sweet enough on it's own. If you use another caramel sauce that is not my recipe you may need to reduce or adjust. Start with a smaller amount as you can always add more in the filling if needed.
Since I want the portion sizes to be smaller, and since i couldn't cut the pie without making a total mess, i am going to try next time putting a serving into a muffin paper. I think i can make them prettier. This time, the pie just kinda looked like a pile of yummy stuff on the plate, but didn't look like your pretty pictures of a pie-shaped piece. Also, since my chocolate didn't drizzle, that further complicated cutting the pie.
Ok, this pie was insanely good. I divided it into quite a few more servings than 12 in order to keep the calories a little lower. my lily's chips and butter did not drizzle and I wasn't sure how to adjust it. I thought about adding more butter. Would that help it be more drizzly?
Also, I divided it into single servings and put them in the freezer. What a treat to get one out and enjoy it!
I made this pie last night and had a tiny slice between breakfast and lunch this morning. I have to say it was absolutely delicious! I am a person who has pretty much given up on low carb desserts because I just don't think they taste good, but this was a total game changer. You can't even tell that it's sugar free. I used thm gentle sweet instead of the swerve because I don't like the cooling effect, but that's just my personal preference. This pie was amazing. I will definitely be making some more of your no bake desserts. Thank you so much for this!
This pie was amazing, even my teenage daughter who usually will not eat my sugar free desserts because she doesn't like the Erythritol after tasted loved it! That makes me happy! Thank you for sharing!
OMG! I want to drink the caramel sauce!!! I've never tried Sukrin before. My new sweetener. This pie came together beautifully! So easy and yummy.
What would you use to mix the base if you don’t have a food processor?
Just wondering what the serving size is? I see that the nutritional information is for 1 piece, but how many servings per recipe? Thank you.
In all the recipe boxes under the title and prep time is servings. This is for 12 servings.
Can Cool Whip be substituted for the whipping cream?
You think I can just do a smaller batch if I just use half of everything? It would be too much and I really want to try this without wasting.
Sure you can , and maybe instead of a pie dish, make in individual ramekins for yourself.
I do not like coconut flakes...is there an alternative that you can use?
You can use all nuts if you prefer.
How much sweetener with the vanilla extract?
I do not have vanilla stevia. Could I just use regular vanilla?
You can use vanilla extract but you will still need to use a sweetener to replace the stevia.
How much sweetener would you recommend using ... if not using the liquid stevia? One teaspoon of sweetener (gentle sweet/puyre) doesn’t seem like it would be enough for the filling for this pie.
I've not used that sweetener before, if I had to guess maybe start with 1/4 cup and taste and adjust from there.
I found this recipe on Pinterest just now, I'm type 1 diabetic so I'm always looking for low carb recipes. How much of the pie is considered a serving? I would assume eighths because that's what pies are normally cut into, but I just want to make sure.
Right under the title of each recipe on my blog it shows servings total. This pie is very rich so it is 12 servings.
Being rather new to sugar-free desserts, I'm unfamiliar with some of the ingredients in this pie and caramel sauce recipe. Where do you find the sweetner (Sukrin?) used in the caramel sauce. Also, is coconut flour and Swerve sweetner found in the grocery store? I want to try this pie and other sugar-free desserts and diabetic recipes. Thank you.
I purchase most of the products online because I rarely seem them in stores.http://amzn.to/2xmob1W
I made this pie yesterday and it is amazing. This is truly the best-tasting low carb dessert I've had in almost two years of low carb eating. And my husband, who has a nut allergy, was able to enjoy it with me. Thank you!!
I'm so happy to hear thank you!
Making this tonight for our Mother's Day dessert tomorrow. Have you ever tried to bake the crust? It seems like it would bake fine (to be a little crunchy), but I'd hate to ruin it. 🙂
I've never tried those girl scout cookies, but your pie looks... wow! 😀
Any idea if it can be frozen? These kind of sweets do make me overeat!
Can't see the recipe for your caramel sauce
You mentioned twice that if you are trying to lose weight, that this pie may cause issues. However, if someone is following a LCHF/Keto diet to lose weight, this pie could work easily in their weight loss scenario. Eating fat isn't what makes people overweight/gain weight.
I agree fat is not what makes people fat. My point is that regardless that this pie is low carb/keto doesn't matter, especially for those who may have difficulty eating just a slice. It is so delicious it can cause a downfall. Just because it's low carb/keto doesn't mean you can't gain weight from eating too many portions. Overeating, portion control is a big problem for many, I have an issue myself and this kind of dessert can cause someone like me to overeat.
If I use almond meal in place of the sunflower seeds in the crust, would I still use 1/2 C. ?
I saw the picture in my email and went "Whaaaaaaaaaaat......." I cannot wait to make this. You are truly a superhero. AND a genius! Did I mention that yet? I'll probably have to restrain my husband because he tends to think low carb means free helpings. He goes crazy over my coconut milk ice cream flavors. Baby, that is like...2 cups! Not 1/2 a cup! Tsk tsk! I just need to train him better. Thank you SO much for this recipe! I'll let you know how it turns out!
LOL!! Thank you!
Can I sub almond flour for the sunflower seeds?
can a person make another caramel syrup recipe. the surkin syrup is not available where I live. any suggestions. the pie looks so delicious i wa Tito make it but i will not be able to make the caramel sauce that is in this recipe
Yes of course, if you can find another keto caramel syrup recipe then use that. I have one in my cookbook, Naturally Keto.