plus a food processor……..
and a freezer……..
equals a soft-serve, creamy, chocolate peanut butter “ice cream”!!
Ok so it’s not REALLY ice cream, BUT it is totally a pretty darn good fake out! It’s made from purely banana. You’ve seen the original recipe as Peanut Butter Toffee Dairy Free Ice Cream posted on my blog.
All I did was add one other ingredient and this time I even SKIPPED adding any stevia at all! Of course if you feel it’s not sweet enough as it is, then go ahead and just start with about 1/4 teaspoon is all.
Soft, creamy, delicious! Need I say more?
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1/2
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4g
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0
- 2 semi-frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, all natural, no added sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- If you don’t have a banana already peeled and frozen, put one in the freezer for about an hour.
- Using a food processor, place the bananas in and let it go until you start seeing that is becoming very smooth, no lumps.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to process until smooth again. Then add the cocoa and process again, taste and decide if you need any stevia.
- Pour it into a serving dish and place it back in the freezer for another 15-30 minutes.
- That is it! Top with nuts, Homemade Chocolate Hardening Sauce: a.k.a. Magic Shell!!! or even some dairy free sugar free whipped cream!
I totally LOVE the banana flavor in this dish, but I know some of you don’t like banana.
Here’s other options for you: