Who doesn’t love an easy crock pot meal that doesn’t require any prior cooking before it goes into the crock? No one! Just what I thought! Well this recipe is for you, especially those of who who have never or rarely ever use your crock pot or have had a failed recipe in a crock pot and don’t trust it anymore!
This recipe is a foolproof, winning, delicious, family friendly recipe!
Since the New Year, bringing you more crock pot recipes has been a goal of mine. At least once a week you’ll be seeing a new crock pot recipe coming your way. Crock pot cooking can be challenging, especially because if it bombs and tastes terrible you won’t know for about 6-8 hours then you have to whip something else up for dinner!
So in case you don’t see a crock pot recipe weekly, you’ll know why! It may have bombed and I have to start over again. I can promise you this, I will NEVER post a crock pot recipe that tastes dry, isn’t family friendly, tastes just OK or doesn’t win my picky hubby over. Never. Period.
With that being said, send me some crock pot requests! I’m ready to take some meals on!
Oh and if you’re wondering what those chips are doing in my chili that I ate, well, well, let me tell you! I found them at Aldi’s and they are brown rice Chips! Yep and delish!
Other crock pot recipes you might like:
- Crock Pot Low Fat White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Meatballs
- Lightened Up Three Bean Turkey Chili
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Sweet Potato & Sausage Chili
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1cup
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 950mg
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- optional toppings: fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Add all ingredients except chicken to your crock pot.
- Stir together well.
- Place your chicken breasts on top of all the ingredients in the crock and cook on high 6 hours or low 10 hours.
- minutes to an hour before serving, take your chicken out of the crock pot onto a cutting board.
- Using two forks shred chicken and place back into crock pot and stir together well.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top to serve as well as any other additional toppings.