This Sugar Free Coffee Cheesecake is made low carb, with a gluten free and nut free pie crust and sugar free down to the chocolate syrup on top!
Hands down one of the BEST cheesecakes you will ever have made sugar free!
Combining coffee and cream cheese makes for a wining combo in my book! Two of my favorite ingredients create the ultimate summer time dessert, not to forget to mention the best fact of all, NO BAKE !!!
Do you ever get parent guilt?
Parent guilt occurs when work, obligations, schedules, deadlines, etc get in the way of being, doing, participating in EVERYTHING the kids are involved in.
It certainly doesn’t occur often as I’m pretty much with my kids 24/7 since we home school and I take them to most or almost all of their after school and weekend activities they are involved with.
But now it’s summer and school is out.
So I have some parental guilt today.
My kids are at day camp for cub scouts this week. My oldest two are volunteers and my youngest is a participant. And I volunteered the entire week rain or shine as I have done for the last 7 years since my oldest was in cub scouts. Currently I am home alone without all three kiddies with me. Just quietly writing/working away to get some posts done and deadlines complete before we head to Florida for a family vacation in a few days.
Compromising had to happen. I needed just one day off this week to get ready for a full week, kind of unplugged for Florida. I can not be completely unplugged yet for vacation, but most things will be scheduled and I won’t be glued to my phone either.
SO why in the world should I feel any guilt at all, I mean I’m working, not sitting around enjoying this cheesecake and watching talk shows or anything. But if I had a piece left of this cake I might have been tempted to kick my feet up for at least a short break.
There’s none left of this of course. I made this for a family party and it was vanished in minutes! Even family members who share they don’t like recipes that have crusts, fell in love with this crust and cheesecake.
Does parental guilt ever go away? Any wisdom from experimented older mothers? I’d love to know how to feel it less when working at home needs to happen.
I still may continue to have parent guilt from time to time but I won’t feel the least bit of guilt in enjoying a piece of this cheesecake and neither should you. 🙂
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 32.6g
- Saturated fat: 17.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g
- Sugar: .9g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup strong brewed hot coffee
- 1 envelopeunflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 2 tspvanilla liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces Lindt Chocolate bar 85% cocoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place coconut and sunflower seeds into food processor and blend until ground well.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
- Press crust mixture with hands onto the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- Pour hot brewed coffee into a bowl or cup.
- Pour in gelatin and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add cream cheese into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the coffee and gelatin, extract, stevia and salt. Blend on high until incorporated.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and blend on high until mixture looks whipped and thickened about 5 minutes.
- Pour onto crust in pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl for 30 seconds, stir till smooth then pour over cheesecake.
Net Carbs: 4.3g