plus a food processor........
and a freezer........
equals a soft-serve, creamy, chocolate peanut butter "ice cream"!!
Ok so it's not REALLY ice cream, BUT it is totally a pretty darn good fake out! It's made from purely banana. You've seen the original recipe as Peanut Butter Toffee Dairy Free Ice Cream posted on my blog.
All I did was add one other ingredient and this time I even SKIPPED adding any stevia at all! Of course if you feel it's not sweet enough as it is, then go ahead and just start with about ¼ teaspoon is all.
Soft, creamy, delicious! Need I say more?
- 2 semi-frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, all natural, no added sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- If you don’t have a banana already peeled and frozen, put one in the freezer for about an hour.
- Using a food processor, place the bananas in and let it go until you start seeing that is becoming very smooth, no lumps.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to process until smooth again. Then add the cocoa and process again, taste and decide if you need any stevia.
- Pour it into a serving dish and place it back in the freezer for another 15-30 minutes.
- That is it! Top with nuts, [url href="https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/chocolate-hardening-sauce-a-ka-magic-shell-no-sugar-added/" target="_blank"]Homemade Chocolate Hardening Sauce:[/url] a.k.a. Magic Shell!!! or even some [url href="https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/stevia-sweetened-strawberry-dairy-free-whipped-cream/" target="_blank"]dairy free sugar free whipped cream![/url]
I totally LOVE the banana flavor in this dish, but I know some of you don't like banana.
Here's other options for you:
I only did 1 TBS of PB and 1 TBS of coco because I only had 1 banana. Turned out great. This was awesome. Turned out just like ice cream, kids even loved it!
Oh good to know, thanks for sharing!
Is there a recipe you can recommend like this using coconut milk?
Sorry I don't have a coconut milk ice cream on my blog but I will start working on one for sure!
Has anyone done this with a Vitamix? Thanks!!!
Save Big Live Better!
So excited to try this out tonight! We usually have it as just bananas, sometimes a bit of cocoa...but peanut butter?! That's a game changer!! 🙂
I really need to find me a food processor. I don't have one and I have been wanting to try this recipe forever! Does anyone know if a magic bullet would do the trick? I do have one of those.
I made this yesterday it was heavenly. And we do not have an ice-cream maker or food processor. But then these new gadgets were not used in making ice-cream years ago LOL.. We found making the mix up and freezing and stirring after a couple of hours made it delicious. So tasty! I made another icecream recently made from coconut milk, bananas and almond milk that was yum too.
Just finished my container and no ingredients to make more. I have become addicted to this recipe, extremely easy to make and tastes fantastic! Really healthy too, potassium and protein! Love it!!!
So happy you love it!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
Mmmm! I can totally see not needing to add any sugar to this...the sweetness of the ripe bananas is perfect! I've done banana softserve before, but never thought to add the peanut butter and cocoa! GENIUS!
I just found this and made it tonight. No sugar needed. The bananas were so good that you really didn't need the cocoa or pb! Has anyone made bananas and vanilla ice cream...banilla. I will have to experiment.
Yummy! I can't wait to try it.
My latest banana "soft serve" treat was 2 bananas, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin that I had frozen in an ice cube tray and some pumpkin pie spice. That's it...delicious!
I didnt have any peanut butter so used natural almond butter instead. Wow, it was gross. I think I put too much and I didnt put any sugar. The almond butter is way overpowering. I would recommend putting 1 Tbsp of almond butter and adding sugar
You could use xylitol as that is way healthier than sugar! Why do you want to use sugar? Sugar is empty calories, bleached, can be gmo can lead to diseases and is bad! Xylitol with almond works well like stevia. You should also only use organic bananas. They are sweeter 🙂
Jean @ Flower Hill
I just made this. I can't wait for my husband to get home from work to try it! It's fabulous!
Yummo!!!! I just made this...back in the freezer for after dinner...
I made this tonight and it was delicious!! I am an ice creamaholic so any alternative is greatly welcomed and this hit the spot!! I didn't have to any stevia since the bananas were sweet enought!! thanks!!