Traditional Chicken Marsala made simple in the slow cooker!
I can't think of an easier meal than one made in the crock pot. Whether you have children or not the slow cooker is a Godsend in my opinion!
When you have the right recipe with the perfect amount of liquids and ingredients you can make some magic in the crock pot!
But it must all begin with the perfect recipe.
Have you had high hopes of a fabulous dinner waiting for you when you get home from work only to discover the food is dry and unappetizing?
I've had that happen one too many times so I've become an expert in what it takes to make a recipe work well in the crock pot and as always I would never share it if it wasn't a picky family approved winner!
Making sure you have enough liquids is the key. Whether it be wine like in this recipe or water or broth, if you don't have enough you are in trouble my friend.
With all my crock pot recipes you can be certain they will be amazing.
Just make sure that the crock pot is not only turned to the correct setting, but is PLUGGED in! I've had that happen and it is very, very sad! Came home to what I thought would be fabulous smells of pork tenderloin cooking in my crock pot only to discover I never plugged it in, all day. Salvageable, nope. Complete defeat to say the least.
I've got a few delicious winners in my New Cookbook, like Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork, Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Fajitas, and Lightened Up Chicken Herb Stroganoff!
Other Crock Pot Recipes on my website here you might enjoy:
Main Dish Meals:
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Balsamic Roast Beef
- Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- 17 Chili Crock Pot Recipes
And even Desserts!
Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 6 pounds total)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 16 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Grease slow cooker and add garlic and oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on each side and lay in crock pot.
- Pour wine over chicken and cover crock pot.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 7.
- Mix water with arrowroot and stir until absorbed, no lumps.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and keep warm.
- Stir in arrowroot water mixture into the bottom of the crock pot and add mushrooms.
- Add back the chicken and stir to coat chicken with sauce and mushrooms,
- Cover and cook an additional hour.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.