These Creamy Low Carb Keto Peanut Butter Cups are Better than any store bought variety! Just 3 simple ingredients and very little time in the kitchen for a spectacular, like traditional, but low carb peanut butter cup!
With Easter right around the corner, my mind wanders to all the chocolate that spans every aisle in every store this time of year. Those Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs were always my very favorite as a kid and thankfully I’ve got a fantastic recipe for Keto Peanut Butter Easter Eggs that’s not only low carb, but so incredibly reminiscent of the traditional ones you’ll never want any other kind again!
But even without Easter or parties, a REALLY good Peanut Butter cup is always wanted in my home! I’ve got a hubby and daughter and myself of course that just need these every so often to feel like we’re just not missing out on anything on a low carb diet. These beautiful peanut buttery cups are slightly adapted from my Peanut Butter Easter Eggs and worth every bit of calorie and carb. In the end though it’s still a small net carb to enjoy a large sized peanut butter cup so I’m not complaining and I hope you won’t be either once you taste them.
If you’re not a peanut butter fan you could certainly make these with another nut butter of choice like almond or even cashew. Also you could make these nut free by using Sunbutter as an alternative. Make sure to look for the sunbather without added sugar, I linked the one I use above for my boys.
- I purchased this mold to make traditional looking peanut butter cups. It is actually a tart pan.
- You can use any chocolate you like but the 85% dark is what is calculated in this recipe.
- You can use any peanut butter you like but I like this one as it still contains salt. If you use a no salt peanut butter I would suggest adding in salt or these won’t be similar to traditional.
- They may soften a little if left out on the counter too long. It’s best to just keep them refrigerated until you want to enjoy them.
Hope you love them just as much as we do!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups
- 10 oz dark chocolate 85% or sugar free chocolate
- 4 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1 cup no sugar added peanut butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and stir until smooth.
Place the silcone mold on a baking sheet. Spoon enough chocolate into each mold and freeze for 15 minutes.
While that is in the freezer, melt the peanut butter and the remaining coconut oil together and stir until smooth.
Evenly spoon the peanut butter mixture into the frozen chocolate cups.
Cover each with remaining chocolate and freeze again for 1-2 hours. Pop out of molds and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 6g